Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If old Vitali beat Haye in 2013 would the Klitschko haters give him credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    He is.

But many of the Klitschko haters regard him as a somebody, don't they?

I'd only count Haye as a somewhat meaningful win for Vitali because he's age 41 and has clearly faded.

If age 38 Vitali had fought and defeated Haye in September 2009, when Haye agreed to fight him, it would have been a meaningless win over a nobody.
    So in other words, you believe it would be a meaningless win. Ok

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      So in other words, you believe it would be a meaningless win. Ok
      In 2009, beating Haye would have been as meaningless as him beating Kevin Johnson.

But because Vitali is old and faded now, it's somewhat meaningful.

Foreman beating Crawford Grimsley would have been absolutely meaningless in the 1970s, when Foreman was in his prime. Grimsley was a nobody.

But because of Foreman's advanced age, and Grimsley being about the same age Haye is now, it was somewhat meaningful at the time.

Savvy?

Comment

Yes that is the only fight left for him period

Comment

I would give him credit if he beat Haye, same way I gave wlad his credit for beating haye aswell, I honestly believe a 100% ready Haye beats them both.
          Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            I would give him credit if he beat Haye same as I did to Wlad, I honestly believe a 100% ready Haye beats them both.
            You beat Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              You beat Wlad?

Dont know what you talking about their buddy

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                Dont know what you talking about their buddy
                Last edited by ElBossHogg™; Today at 09:07 AM.

Comment

Last edited by ElBossHogg™; Today at 09:07 AM.

Comment

In 2009, beating Haye would have been as meaningless as him beating Kevin Johnson.

But because Vitali is old and faded now, it's somewhat meaningful.

Foreman beating Crawford Grimsley would have been absolutely meaningless in the 1970s, when Foreman was in his prime. Grimsley was a nobody.

But because of Foreman's advanced age, and Grimsley being about the same age Haye is now, it was somewhat meaningful at the time.

Savvy?

Somewhat meaningful because Vitali is old and faded? Is Vitali the #2 HW or not?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Somewhat meaningful because Vitali is old and faded? Is Vitali the #2 HW or not?
                      Probably not (but even a faded Vitali is better than bums like Manuel Charr).

Vitali is not in my top 10 P4P now, because he honestly hasn't looked good in his past two fights.

He's age 41 and faded, he can't put fast combinations together anymore. I think Price, Pulev or even Fury would have a good chance of beating him now.

I'd sooner he have his farewell fight against one of those three, all decent chaps (Fury talks a lot but he doesn't mean it, he's not hateful like Haye).

I'd hate to see Vitali lose his final fight to a douchbag like Haye.

Comment

Working...
                      X