No announcement yet.

Donaire sets PED-testing standard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire sets PED-testing standard

Unlike other fighters who might make a deal to be tested randomly in the build-up to a particular bout, Donaire is the only fighter in the world enrolled with VADA who allows the organization to test him 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, whether he is in training for a fight or not.

"I just got a result and it was negative," Donaire said. "They emailed me the result [on Tuesday] and it was negative. I don't mind it. I think it's good for the sport and I am going to do it. It's a good idea. I don't think it really affects you.”

Donaire said he laughs when he hears some fighters talk about the hardship of having to give blood at a moment's notice.

"I had four small vials of blood taken from me and then I sparred 11 rounds," Donaire said. "They took my blood and then, like, 20 minutes or 30 minutes later I did 11 rounds. They can come at any moment. But I'm a clean guy. I don't drink or do anything [bad]. No weed or any chemical in my body. I have nothing to hide. I would love for all fighters to follow me, but not everybody is like me."

http://is.gd/C3qJkX

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Unlike other fighters who might make a deal to be tested randomly in the build-up to a particular bout, Donaire is the only fighter in the world enrolled with VADA who allows the organization to test him 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, whether he is in training for a fight or not.

"I just got a result and it was negative," Donaire said. "They emailed me the result [on Tuesday] and it was negative. I don't mind it. I think it's good for the sport and I am going to do it. It's a good idea. I don't think it really affects you.”

Donaire said he laughs when he hears some fighters talk about the hardship of having to give blood at a moment's notice.

"I had four small vials of blood taken from me and then I sparred 11 rounds," Donaire said. "They took my blood and then, like, 20 minutes or 30 minutes later I did 11 rounds. They can come at any moment. But I'm a clean guy. I don't drink or do anything [bad]. No weed or any chemical in my body. I have nothing to hide. I would love for all fighters to follow me, but not everybody is like me."

Damn, you would think he wouldn't go hard on pac so soon. Good for him though, waiting for the **** fan base (the few that remain) to step in and call him a coward too for demanding such tests that isn't warranted by the commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

Respect!

Comment

who was the last fighter that agreed to enroll in VADA with donaire

nishioka turned it down
        arce turned it down

Comment

Great stuff. I'd rather a fighter tested year-around than just getting tested during the lead-up to a fight.

Comment

[quote=Basco;12817295]Respect! [/quoteMuchoRespecto!

Comment

Respect to ND, this should be across the board. Now we need somebody really high profile to pioneer this. I'm thinking Floyd scene as he brought the most attention to drug testing it in recent years. If he was serious about 'cleaning up the sport of boxing' he would/should agree. (Sorry to bring Floyd up but he is relevant) .

Comment

donaire is pretty charismatic. could become a mini golden boy if he keeps winning.

Comment

Give blood? Nah they make you weak...

Comment

And that's why he's my favorite

Comment

Working...
                    X