Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of Boxings underated aspects.......A controlled corner in b/w rounds?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    that is, until a white woman walks by, in which all conversation stops, and we all oogle at the greatness of her milky white skin, her soft blonde hair and her beautiful flat butt.

A white woman walking by a crowd of black men is like freezing time on that old show "Out of this World"

Comment

George Benton was also very calm and precise in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        George Benton is also very calm and precise in the corner.
        Sometimes, you need to NOT be calm:

"you're blowing it, son...you're blowing it" (dundee to srl)

"Go knock this motha****a out!!" (floyd sr to dlh)

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post

Dundee doesn't normally get too animated unless his fighter is losing hence the SRL quote.

Mayweather Sr. is a good motivator.

Comment

Chad Dawson has looked a little different since mayweather sr has been out of his corner, personally i thought he was better with him, but evidently he cant take mayweather sr's harsh words, hes a blount and honest guy and not everyone can take that.

Comment

yeah cornermen do make a great difference in the outcome, like in Tyson-Douglas, when instead of true proffesionals King put in friends who had little experience. And when your in the ****, the last thing you want is guys who dont know what they are doing...

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post

lets not forget floyd sr to oscar (in the mayorga fight i think it was...) "Use ur ****IN JAB MAN!!!!!!"....haha

for some reason when i think of floyd sr i always hear that quote in my head...

i laugh at it for some reason...maybe because he sounded like he was high or something but real mad at the same time...

having floyd sr or roger mayweather in my corner would make me laugh between rounds...i dont know why...but they way they handle the corner is funny to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  George Benton was also very calm and precise in the corner.
                  He was one of my favorites. Especially his work with Pernell Whitaker.

Comment

Let me ask you this, in a lot of instances, former fighters work a lot of corners nowadays....Is it better in cases to have a former fighter in the corner during a fight as a head trainer, I mean, one whos been there before can motivate someone greatly......

But is it better to have someone like this in your corner as opposed to a solid trainer with no in ring experience?!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X