No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
    One of the most sensible threads of the night. Couldn't agree more.
    Although I think we'd get a lot more response to something like: "LOL Pacman goes to sleep without PED shakes!" or "WTF old man Marquez is a cheating bum"...

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
      Although I think we'd get a lot more response to something like: "LOL Pacman goes to sleep without PED shakes!" or "WTF old man Marquez is a cheating bum"...
      This site is actually a very, very, very small sample size of actual boxing fans. Most YouTube post fight reactions show respect to both warriors. The select few on here that have boners right now are just demented head cases. Enjoying every minute of PAC going down, instead of enjoying the fight it self.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Great, great rivalry. Both men are legends.
        I wholeheartedly concur sir Bojangles!

Just looking back at the fight again, Marquez was in serious trouble were that fight to go on even a few rounds more. His legs were stiff and not entirely underneath him, his nose was busted and he was struggling to breath and Pac was really starting to light him up with combinations. Simply amazing.

Two warriors. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          I wholeheartedly concur sir Bojangles!

Just looking back at the fight again, Marquez was in serious trouble were that fight to go on even a few rounds more. His legs were stiff and not entirely underneath him, his nose was busted and he was struggling to breath and Pac was really starting to light him up with combinations. Simply amazing.

Two warriors. That is all.
          Marquez clearly trained to land that shot. Win or lose, he was not trying for a decision, he trained to land the shot to knock Pacquiao out, and he sure as hell did.

Comment

I think we've seen the tight margins of boxing in this saga.

In the first fight, Cortez must have been close to stopping it. Then I don't think there would've been any pressure to make even one rematch and history would simply have read "Pacquiao TKO1".

In this (probably) final chapter, I think Marquez was in big trouble with his nose. He was already down in the fight and I don't think he'd have been able to compete effectively in the position he was in. But he found a monstrous punch with only a couple of seconds left in the round. Had that bell rang out slightly early or Pacquiao dodged that single punch, I really don't think we'd be talking about a Marquez win.

Comment

Im still awake just because of those two ... damn was this a good night of boxing.

Mad respect to both guys those guys are true warriors that put everything on the line when they fight i have nothing but respect for both.

Kinda sad watchin a great rivalry like this come to an end .. i dont think theres gonna be one as good as this one for a while if ever. This guys were oldschool fighter a throwback to the golden era of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
                Im still awake just because of those two ... damn was this a good night of boxing.

Mad respect to both guys those guys are true warriors that put everything on the line when they fight i have nothing but respect for both.

Kinda sad watchin a great rivalry like this come to an end .. i dont think theres gonna be one as good as this one for a while if ever. This guys were oldschool fighter a throwback to the golden era of boxing.
                Pretty much this.

Comment

Happy that I got to witness these two legends give is four great, memorable wars! Every one of their fights against each other were electrifying and full of suspense.

Thanks for the memories!

Comment

These 2 define what boxing is all about.

Much much props to these 2 warriors.

Comment

I'm shocked how fair-minded and respectful NSB has been tonight. Obviously, there's been major trolling but not to the extent that I expected. Lot of people on here keeping it real.

And yes, I am aware that in the morning, the young brats will rise, and start spamming the sh-t out of this place with Pac photoshop jobs...

Comment

Working...
                      X