Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercito Gesta’s trainer says they’re willing to fill in for Gamboa April 14th Cont

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
    I have to read more about the situation before I can give an educated opinion. From what I heard, Arum and Oner screwed Gamboa by forcing Gamboa to sign an extension to get a fight with Rios. I'm guessing this extension low balled Gamboa and paid him like shat.

Gamboa still hasn't signed the final papers for Rios, but he has already signed the extension from what I've heard. I can see Gamboa's reasoning behind the no show. But he already signed the extension and should stick to fighting Rios. Gamboa is 30 and shouldn't get into a legal mess.
    Okay I didn't know he had signed the extension, but not the fight. But if that's the case, he should go through with the Rios fight, train like an animal, and if he's on his game I don't think Rios can beat him. Like you said, he's already 30 and with all his amateur background, he has alot of boxing miles on him. It would really hurt his career momentum to have to sit out a year with a legal situation. Gamboa vs Broner would be great, but he should deal with Rios first and try to discuss his promotional situation then. Thanks for your input bro

Comment

better than gesta fighting marquez

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
        better than gesta fighting marquez
        Either way bad move for Gesta.

Comment

gesta isn't ready for Rios. Gesta gets ko'd. Seriously... This is a huge leap up in competition.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            gesta isn't ready for Rios. Gesta gets ko'd. Seriously... This is a huge leap up in competition.
            What do you think of Gesta being matched up with someone like Antillon instead? I think Gesta should step up to fight contenders not champions like Rios or JMM.
            Last edited by AdamantiumPI; 03-06-2012, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I hope Guesta get's busy and has a few more fights before jumping into this.

Comment

Working...
              X