No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson has nothing to lose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    He has more TV exposure to lose. He's been nothing but a bust for HBO because of his tentativeness during his fights. He's not a rating's draw nor a crowd draw. If he loses another fight, I don't see HBO putting him on anymore.
    He's The Ring/WBC LHW champion, he has to get TV dates. He's going to look more vulnerable if he loses, and every one at 175 will want his titles.

Pascal rematch, Hopkins 3rd fight, Cloud, etc.

Comment

ward will have trouble with dawson early but i think ward will adjust during the fight and pot shot his way to victory dudes a gold medalist = best at playing tag and pot shotting

Comment

Of course he has! He called out Andre in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          so what? you want everyone to start praising Ward now?

drained opponent 7 lbs, fighting in home town
          You didn't understand the point of this thread. Dawson WANTS to fight at 168 so he can be in a win-win situation. He's still champion if he loses, what don't you understand about that?

Comment

Pretty much agree.

Comment

bump this right after the fight....DAWSON WILL BEAT WARD

IMO...he's just the better fighter...he does EVERYTHING better than Ward imo...I like Ward, but Chad is better and he'll prove it

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                bump this right after the fight....DAWSON WILL BEAT WARD

IMO...he's just the better fighter...he does EVERYTHING better than Ward imo...I like Ward, but Chad is better and he'll prove it
                I'm hoping that Chad takes this one too, I just hope both of them go all out and give us a great night of action.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  He has more TV exposure to lose. He's been nothing but a bust for HBO because of his tentativeness during his fights. He's not a rating's draw nor a crowd draw. If he loses another fight, I don't see HBO putting him on anymore.
                  IIRC Dawson/Hopkins 2 drew some of the highest ratings this year.

And I agree with SecondzOut, Dawson will win this and I won't be surprised if he makes it look effortless.

Comment

Working...
                  X