No announcement yet.

Bute just lost to a better fighter, he's still good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bute just lost to a better fighter, he's still good

I watched this fight this morning. Of course I checked out the knock out, and read all the threads. Bute fought the way he usually fights. He did not look scared, but he had the natural response that boxers have when they can't deal with their opponent's power. I thought he fought hard but Froch is just better. Froch handle Bute's shots well and he was able to land his power punches and got him out of there.

So please let's stop the Bute is trash nonsense.
    Last edited by Travdog; 05-27-2012, 08:19 AM. Reason: corrected word

This is nsb, you're either an atg or a bum.

Bute will be back.

Comment

He's not trash but he was unquestionably overrated, I mean people automatically had him over Froch in terms of ranking. He didn't just lose, he got demolished inside 5 rounds. He's a very good fighter with some serious defensive flaws, I always thought Froch was going to stop him and was astonished at the amount of people who thought Froch was getting stopped with body shots etc. Bute will be back but against who exactly? You don't recover fully from brutal beatings like that.

Comment

Yes you're right he lost to the better fighter but it was how he lost. He got brutally beat down.

Also it puts a serious question mark over his career so far. Have all the posters who called him a fraud/bum right after this Froch beat down? They've got a point. This was meant to be the night (according to his supporters anyway) that Bute cemented himself as one of the best at 168, a true threat to Andre Ward and not someone who's been protected and taken the easy path.

Truth is Froch exposed him as being hype job. He might be good but (based on last night) he showed that he doesn't belong among the elite at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
          I watched this fight this morning. Of course I checked out the knock out, and read all the threads. Bute fought the way he usually fights. He did not look scared, but he had the natural response that boxers have when they can't deal with their opponents boxer. I thought he fought hard but Froch is just better. Froch handle Bute's shots well and he was able to land his power punches and got him out of there.

So please let's stop the Bute is trash nonsense.
          Nah, Bute didn't fight his usual fight. Bute was being the aggressor... usually he's the counterpuncher. Froch was backpedaling. Bute, this being his first big fight away from home knew he had to be impressive and come forward.

Bute got hit with some big shots and lost his legs. He couldn't use his legs anymore and just rope-a-doped, and let Froch tee off on him.

Froch fought a better fight and had the better intangibles that night. Rematch in Montreal might be a different story... but let's see Bute in a tune up first.

Comment

He's overrated.Not elite by any chance but not exactly bad.

Comment

He's good. That's all. Considering we've been hearing for a couple years that he was the best fighter at 168, those of us that have been saying otherwise deserve some time to gloat.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                He's good. That's all. Considering we've been hearing for a couple years that he was the best fighter at 168, those of us that have been saying otherwise deserve some time to gloat.
                I know you was on the Cobra express with me, I just wonder what the hell Iron Dan was thinking?? LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I know you was on the Cobra express with me, I just wonder what the hell Iron Dan was thinking?? LOL!!
                  Well, going into the fight Bute looked like he had some advantages. I still can't believe how slow he was and how bad his defense was. I figured Bute would look pretty good for about half the fight and then Froch would get him out of there late. That was like watching Tavoris Cloud fight Manny Pacquiao. Bute can't take a punch, and couldn't avoid one either.

Definition of a hype job.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Pretty much................................bring on Kessler to determine the real 2

Comment

Working...
                    X