Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez's Trainer: Sergio Not Finished, Will Punish Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez's Trainer: Sergio Not Finished, Will Punish Cotto

Trainer Pablo Sarmiento has lashed out at experts who believe WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs) is finished, as he nears a finalized deal to face former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs) on June 7th at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Martinez returns after suffering several injuries in his decision win over Martin Murray last April.

[Click Here To Read More]

If this is true Cotto will wish it was Austin Trout in there with him.

Comment

GTFOH. Martinez is a Wasteman, used to love the dude. But this guy is just gonna duck ggg like the plague.

Comment

Martinez better be ready or King Cotto will make him pay!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Cotto will show us who's boss fighting a guy who's 1-2 in his last 2

Comment

War Martinez

Comment

i don't know,martinez does look old now,he'll be 39 in a couple of weeks and didn't look good in his last fight,i think some fighters just go down after one fight and it seems it's happening to him,plus cotto asked for a catchweight too,i know it's only one pound but I do think it makes a little bit of a difference,when cotto fought pac he had to lose one pound,and it his previous fight he fought at 146,but he did say it affected him,he said it again in a recent interview on tv that it did indeed affect him just that one pound,so don't know why he would want any advantages when he has plenty already in facing an old Martinez who by june will be over a year since his last fight,not that cotto is at his peak anymore but I do believe if this fight was 4 years ago Martinez beats him easily,i always felt he was the better all around fighter

Comment

im giving sergio edge atm looking at their styles. if those dodgy knees hold up , i see sergio ud

Comment

Cotto gets put down a few times and Roach throws in the towel. I'm thinking in 8 or 9 rounds.

Comment

Boxing Lesson?

Listen Sergio is quick and strong. But a boxing lesson? These guys are talking outta their butts now! Cotto is the better boxer in this fight. And that's how you could win the fight...by boxing Sergio and connecting.

Comment

Working...
                    X