No announcement yet.

WHAT ARE THEY MISSING Vol 5: Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT ARE THEY MISSING Vol 5: Canelo Alvarez

Just read a thread basically asking this same question, but from the opposite prospective (what does he have)

Anyway, what would he need to improve himself and join the ranks of the true ATG Elite... TAKE WHAT HE HAS NOW, AND IMPROVE IT...

I notice his jab is good when he throws it, maybe he should throw it more... Like, a lot more

Also, I don't know if there's a reason he will go up to 1 and a half minutes without throwing a punch (see Mosley fight), but I think he could do without that

What do u guys think

His biggest flaw right now is his lack of head movement although he's starting to get better in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      His biggest flaw right now is his lack of head movement although he's starting to get better in that department.
      I agree and will dare to say upper body movement as a whole. This along with a little lateral movement will make him deadly as punches will not only come at you straight but also from different angles. He can improve his defense also.

Comment

I would like to help Canelo get better but I am just an ex army boxer. Canelo has 100 times my boxing knowledge as far as how to fight goes and he has good people to help him learn more and get better. I think he is a very smart boxer and has reasons for everything he does in the ring. When he does not throw punches for a minute or more I think he is pacing himself and studying his opponent at the same time. He is good at figuring out his opponent and the longer the fight goes the better he does. He does have a good jab and good combinations to the head and body combined so I think the more he uses them the better he will do. Fighting better opposition should help him learn and improve and show him what he needs to work on. I think he is ready for any 154 pounder in the world now. Golden Boy just needs to get him the fights. If he can't get Mayweather then he should fight Trout. A fight with Cotto would be a good experience for him but he would get criticized for fighting a guy that just lost. Kirkland would be a good fight if he will take the fight.

Comment

Working...
        X