Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who looks stronger and punch harder in the 4th fight? Pacquiao or Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no one notice when they fought "toe to toe"(as pacquiao so eloquently puts it) pacquiao getting bullied the sht out of by marquez' strenght?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      no one notice when they fought "toe to toe"(as pacquiao so eloquently puts it) pacquiao getting bullied the sht out of by marquez' strenght?
      I noticed that, it was odd.

Comment

Marquez. But Marquez looked like the more powerful guy in the 3rd fight as well, people seem to forget that.

Pacquiao, after the third fight, said he was surprised right away at how strong and big he felt. Which is probably why he fought much more cautiously.

People forget Marquez was bulked up in the third fight. It's a process that he spent well over a year getting to this point.

But obviously the main difference between 3 & 4 was pac was WAY more aggressive thus giving marquez more opportunities. And of course the KO shot pac jumped into a perfectly timed shot.

People say, "man, pac didn't look like the same fighter" after the third fight. It was because he felt Marquez' power early, that's why. If he fought the exact same way as he did in the fourth fight, chances are he would have been KO'd then.

Comment

Such a ****ing ******ed thread. BAN OP

Comment

Pac looked stronger since he was more aggressive as a result of Marquez was being less offensive and calculated but when Marquez would load up on those shots or throw those overhand right counters his punches looked and were harder as well as his body shots.

They both looked strong. Pac threw more power shots but when Marquez threw his Id give the edge to him. He was cracking Pac so Ill have to go with Marquez for overall power.
            Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 12-20-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I'll go with JMM. Not based on the KD or the KO. There was a moment when he was exchanging with Pacquiao early in the fight and Manny was the one who seemed to retreat. The way it happened was uncharacteristic of their previous encounters and was definitely something that stuck out at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                Marquez. But Marquez looked like the more powerful guy in the 3rd fight as well, people seem to forget that.

Pacquiao, after the third fight, said he was surprised right away at how strong and big he felt. Which is probably why he fought much more cautiously.

People forget Marquez was bulked up in the third fight. It's a process that he spent well over a year getting to this point.

But obviously the main difference between 3 & 4 was pac was WAY more aggressive thus giving marquez more opportunities. And of course the KO shot pac jumped into a perfectly timed shot.

People say, "man, pac didn't look like the same fighter" after the third fight. It was because he felt Marquez' power early, that's why. If he fought the exact same way as he did in the fourth fight, chances are he would have been KO'd then.
                i think the power of Marquez in the 3rd is already there, but not as powerful as in the 4th fight. Thats why Manny came out strong in the opening bell of the 4th fight.

Imo, Pacquiao figured him in the last couple rounds of the 3rd fight, Marquez wasn't trying to coast the last round of the 3rd fight, i think he was being cautious because he was figured out and thats why Manny wants 4th fight asap.

Now Marquez, knowing he was figured out resorted for more punching power for the 4th fight, so one mistake from Manny ends the fight. That was their plan, unexpected punching power, surprise KO power. Manny expecting he can take the punch and be reckless. Thats is what they talk about all the time leading to the fight go for KO, they know they have power coming in the 4th fight.

I think Manny was cautious tho after KD, but got careless again because it was getting easy and forgot the punching power of Marquez.
                Last edited by woopwoop; 12-20-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
                  i think the power of Marquez in the 3rd is already there, but not as powerful as in the 4th fight. Thats why Manny came out strong in the opening bell of the 4th fight.

Imo, Pacquiao figured him in the last couple rounds of the 3rd fight, Marquez wasn't trying to coast the last round of the 3rd fight, i think he was being cautious because he was figured out and thats why Manny wants 4th fight asap.

Now Marquez, knowing he was figured out resorted for more punching power for the 4th fight, so one mistake from Manny ends the fight. That was their plan, unexpected punching power, surprise KO power. Manny expecting he can take the punch and be reckless. Thats is what they talk about all the time leading to the fight go for KO, they know they have power coming in the 4th fight.

I think Manny was cautious tho after KD, but got careless again because it was getting easy and forgot the punching power of Marquez.
                  Interesting post. Pacquiao wasn't just careless however. He was, but he was also unlucky. Hitching his foot against JMM's foot right as the finishing punch connected greatly enhanced the closeline effect. Pacquiao planed into that shot at high speed. If we're going to be forensic about these discussions we should be completely accurate.

Comment

I voted Marquez.

I voted Marquez, you could see from the training camp to the weighin to the fight that there was something up & suspicious.

Although Manny was hitting JMM2.0 with full on power shots that I could feel through the tv also.

I was surprised JMM was taking those shots as well as he was though, a clear sign he took fill advantage of the best PEDs money can buy.

Its sad JMM stooped down to Heredia's playing field just to get the W he felt like he was screwed out of.

Its funny, JMM feeling like he got screwed. If I was Manny, I would have been pissed about the draw he actually won but got screwed out of.

Boxing is in a sad state right now with all these revolutionary PEDs that are untraceable and easily flushable.

Comment

Marquez trained harder. That's it people.
                      Try being a pro fighter on a regular 9-5. Now trying being a pro fighter/congressmen/superstar in your homeland. Marquez probably trained day and night.

Comment

Working...
                      X