Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Yuriorkis Gamboa @126lbs: who wins, why & how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Yuriorkis Gamboa @126lbs: who wins, why & how?

The Cuban Clash between Guillermo Rigondeaux & Yuriorkis Gamboa @126lbs: who wins, why & how?

Rigo wins because he punches gamboa hard in the face every time Gamboa drops his hand too low. Since that will happen A LOT, the fight may not last too long.

Comment

I'd take Gamboa in a close fight. The style matchup is tough for him, but I think he's better, and most fights come down to simply who is better.

Comment

I think he neglects his defense a bit & Rigondeaux snipers him.

His accuracy is fcuking scary.

Comment

I've thought about this match up a lot actually. It'd either be one of two kinds of fights, either an explosive one, or a chess match due to the level of skill they both have, and how they are both predominantly counter punchers, especially Rigondeaux. They're both lightning quick of both hand and foot. Both have tremendous power. The defensive advantage goes to Guillermo IMO.

Very, very hard fight to call. But I'd probably give a SLIGHT advantage to Rigondeaux due to his better defense. I think it'd be an either 12 round tentative chess match, or an explosive short fight. I'd probably go with Rigondeaux with a late TKO, in a VERY close and chess match-like fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I think he neglects his defense a bit & Rigondeaux snipers him.

His accuracy is fcuking scary.
            do you think fighting @126 would be a problem for Guillermo Rigondeaux? I dont see why it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I'd take Gamboa in a close fight. The style matchup is tough for him, but I think he's better, and most fights come down to simply who is better.
              What exactly makes you think that
              Gamboa is simply "better"? Serious question. He's a bit more explosive, and maybe a bit more athletic but El Chacal is a supreme counter puncher, and I think he is not only more responsible defensively, but overall better defensively then Gamboa. Gamboa would not be able to just explode on Rigondeaux in the same fashion he does everyone else. Rigondeaux is dangerously accurate and has some of the most shocking timing I've personally ever witnessed.

Comment

I might end up root for Rigo here... But it be a toss up

As far as who would win? Don't know... Depends on really how hard Rigo hits and how much damage he can take himself

Comment

Rigo is the 2nd most talented man in boxing

My personal P4P#2 if we're going strictly off "if everybody is the same size who would win"

He spanks Yuri and makes it look rather easy tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                    do you think fighting @126 would be a problem for Guillermo Rigondeaux? I dont see why it would be.

Not at all, it may even benefit him as he wouldn't have to cut those extra 4lbs.
                    He believes he can go to 126 & even 130, he said if Donaire avoids him he is going to move up with him until he fights him

Comment

Working...
                    X