Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is ray Leonard beter than mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by statosteve View Post
    How is ray Leonard beter than mayweather???
    SRL has much much Better resume and bigger balls.

Is this one of the many alt of Larry?

Comment

20 years time people will be saying floyd was the greatest non heavyweight boxer of all time..untill sum1 new comes along
      Oh Floyd fans....when will you guys get a clue?

Comment

20 years time people will be saying floyd was the greatest non heavyweight boxer of all time..untill sum1 new comes along
        That is professional sports for ya.

Comment

If Mayweather was the same size as Leonard and he kept the same skillset, speed, defence, etc. then I would favor Mayweather. Much better defense, better reflexes, better boxer in general. Floyd beat no one nearly as good as Hearns or Hagler though so SRL is a greater fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by howdy potna View Post
            Are the ts, alt?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfGirl View Post
              This thread is not worthy of my very long responses to simple questions.
              Ya. I changed my mind.

Ray Leonard had immense skills,reflexes, defense,movement,and power. He is one of the few complete boxers to lace them up. SRL could box,slug,move,and adapt against almost any opponent. Underrated courage and valor as well.

One of the many examples: Leonard vs Hearns II
              That 2nd fight was between two aging ATG'S past their primes and they both went to war against each other in a way they never did during their peak days. Leonard was hit by so many Hearns right hands it was shocking to see him still coming out. He took that barrage in the 11th and went down. You could see in his eyes and you could tell by his facial expression that he was for the first time in his life at rock bottom. There was still around 2 minutes left in the round (I think) and you could literally feel Sugar Ray's will sap out with that knock down. Yet, he pulled himself up and what does he do? He swings right back at Hearns and hit him with a left. That one moment of discouragement from a fading fighter who was on his last legs was pushed down almost immediately by his heart, will and sheer determination.

At the end of the 12th Round Larry Merchant shockingly delivered a great quote. (shocking because normally his level of intelligence is not capable of delivering anything more than ramblings)

As Leonard and Hearns swing at each other with the final seconds ticking away Merchant said

"" They are coming across the finish line with nothing left, they given every ounce of their hearts and they have big hearts"

Leonard's Resume(thank you to Hands of Iron)
              Marvin Hagler (62-2) [Lineal/WBC 160 Champ]
              Thomas Hearns (32-0) [WBA 147 Titlist]
              Wilfred Benitez (38-0) [Lineal/WBC 147 Champ]
              Roberto Duran (72-1)
              Ayub Kalule (36-0) [Lineal/WBC 154 Champ]
              Donny Lalonde (31-2)
              Dave Green (33-2)
              Randy Shields (31-4)
              Pete Ranzany (45-3)
              Tony Chiaverini (30-4)
              Floyd Mayweather, Sr (15-1)
              Johnny Gant (44-11)
              Armando Muniz (44-13)
              Bruce Finch (28-3)
              Andy Price (28-5)

Actually I realize as I finish typing this entire paragraph, it's probably too complicated for Floyd Nut Huggers to read much less comprehend:

So I will attempt to shorten this to the level of a F l o m o:

"RAY LEONARD H2H WILL TEAR UP FLOYD JR'S AZZ HOLE WORST THAN THE RAPINGS HE RECEIVED IN JAIL"
              Last edited by WolfGirl; 11-21-2012, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Leonard-36 wins 3 losses
                Lost to camacho
                Lost to terry norris
                Lost to Duran
                Draw with hearns
                Split decision to hagler
                Pretty much all his other wins were against no names besides a few....I think it's an insult to floyd...do you think Leonard was and is overrated??
                Well tge fact that Duran Hearns and Benetiz would all ko Mayweather and make him look amateur.................................fill in the blanks homie

Comment

Originally posted by howdy potna View Post
                  Man I ain't even a floyd nut hugger I'm just a fan of boxing!i like pacman just as much as floyd although PAC is pretty much past his time.im just comparing floyds resume to Leonard's and through my eyes floyd has the much superior resume..I think the older fighter get to much recognition compared to these days boxers...

Comment

Man I ain't even a floyd nut hugger I'm just a fan of boxing!i like pacman just as much as floyd although PAC is pretty much past his time.im just comparing floyds resume to Leonard's and through my eyes floyd has the much superior resume..I think the older fighter get to much recognition compared to these days boxers...
                    You gonna tell me 5'8 Floyd and his former lightweight self is gonna Ko 6'2 Herans now right? Herans who arguably had boxing abilities on par with Mayweather? Hearns who was one of the hardest hitting WW'S of all times. Hearns who went on to win multipe titles all the way up to LHW+.

Oh ya the Prime version of that Hearns was knocked out by Ray.

Break down a Hearns vs FLOYD Fight. I am very very eager to hear how Floyd is gonna 'shoulda roll' Tommy Hearn's punches.

Comment

Originally posted by statosteve
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by howdy potna

Floyd a better resume than SRL? Wow. SRL beat 4 ATG's.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X