Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi Fighting on Taylor-Froch Undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
    Was there a legit reason for no television station buying the fight? I would boycott. petition or do something it just doesn't seem right
    Well, long story, but to sum it up.

A TV station called ITV, who have showed his last few fights apparently have a verbal agreement to show his next fight.

But they said they will not show it at 3am, as they only buy fights atleast 1 hour from primetime, so they will show it on Sunday as a delay.

So unless another TV company subsidies ITV, as they legally have the fight, they cant show it, and Froch isn't a big enough name yet for companies to spend that much on him.

I hate this part of boxing, its terrible.

Hopefully something will sort out before April 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatJoe View Post
      Well, long story, but to sum it up.

A TV station called ITV, who have showed his last few fights apparently have a verbal agreement to show his next fight.

But they said they will not show it at 3am, as they only buy fights atleast 1 hour from primetime, so they will show it on Sunday as a delay.

So unless another TV company subsidies ITV, as they legally have the fight, they cant show it, and Froch isn't a big enough name yet for companies to spend that much on him.

I hate this part of boxing, its terrible.

Hopefully something will sort out before April 25th.
      suppose its life though. ITV conly show show fights to generate advetising income and if its going to cost more to show it then it will generate from advetising...........

Comment

Good card, thats better then a Golden Boy ppv card....but thats really not that hard to do.

Comment

Its only a tuneup for Malignaggi, says the fight is only 8Rds so most likely won't be anybody too crazy or even televised.

Comment

Opponent has been named it is Christopher Fernandez who is 16-6 and was TKO'd in his last fight by Devon Alexander. It will not be televised and Forrest will not be on this card anymore but on May1st Showbox.

Comment

Who is training Paulie for this fight? Is he still with Buddy McGirt or has he changed trainers.

Comment

"We'll have the Martinez fight this summer, probably in August," Shaw said.The reason Forrest was shifted was because Shaw didn't feel that Forrest was welcome on the April 25 card.
                "When Carl Moretti [of show promoter DiBella Entertainment] said there were no rooms and no food for Vernon and his people and that he was on his own, that's not a warm welcome," Shaw said. "I wasn't going to fight with [Foxwoods] for credentials and rooms. Vernon is a champion and should be treated like one, so I put him on my 'ShoBox' card instead. From there, we'll do the Martinez fight."

"Paulie has been busting my [chops] every day to get him a fight," promoter Lou DiBella told ESPN.com. "I love the kid. Paulie is a proud person and he wants to get back in the ring. He wants to get distance from the poorest performance of his career against Hatton." If Malignaggi wins, he'll probably meet undefeated prospect Mike Alvarado on June 27 on the Pavlik-Mora PPV card. "We've had conversations with Top Rank about the fight," DiBella said. "It's an attractive fight. This [April 25] fight is a way for Paulie to get back in the groove and see how he feels. He wants to fight Alvarado, and hopefully that fight will be made. We're talking numbers, but first he has this fight."

Comment

Working...
                X