No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs. Cloud Does 1.2 Million Viewers on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    im a grown man but that was the first moment i properly realized they are just actors. Great show.
    Fa real. The realest show that's ever been put on television.

Comment

It's not surprising. Hopkins lost to Dawson who was #1. Cloud was just another attempt at a belt. It doesn't help that Cloud lost to Campillo in most people's eyes. This fight just proved that you don't need to be number 1 to be champion. Not trying to ***** on Hopkins, just being honest.

Comment

Hopkins is a recognized fighter, he will draw ratings.

Comment

Not bad ratings, could have been better. The gate was more impressive with over 12,000.

Comment

I think Hopkins vs Ward does decent PPV numbers.

Comment

Clearly his ratings were hit bad by the stunt he pulled in the first Dawson fight. He averaged 1.8 million before the PPV, then 1.6 million for the rematch after the PPV. So basically people saw Hopkins crumble on the ground crying from a fall, then lose one sidedly in the rematch. After which 1.3 million people tuned in to watch Dawson pretty much verbally quit against Ward. So that's a lot of time between now and then people had the chance to see Hopkins put in a bad light.

I know it'd great for Hopkins to still be competing well at this stage but be honest, the man knows how to pick a fight. I think he'll be an ATG for sure but you know people are seriously over estimating his career when he loses to Dawson and people basically try pretend it didn't even happen. So if Hopkins is this schooled intelligent fighter utilising the lost art that boxers all forgot, then why the hell is he losing to Dawson?

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                Clearly his ratings were hit bad by the stunt he pulled in the first Dawson fight. He averaged 1.8 million before the PPV, then 1.6 million for the rematch after the PPV. So basically people saw Hopkins crumble on the ground crying from a fall, then lose one sidedly in the rematch. After which 1.3 million people tuned in to watch Dawson pretty much verbally quit against Ward. So that's a lot of time between now and then people had the chance to see Hopkins put in a bad light.

I know it'd great for Hopkins to still be competing well at this stage but be honest, the man knows how to pick a fight. I think he'll be an ATG for sure but you know people are seriously over estimating his career when he loses to Dawson and people basically try pretend it didn't even happen. So if Hopkins is this schooled intelligent fighter utilising the lost art that boxers all forgot, then why the hell is he losing to Dawson?

How is his career over estimated because he lost to Dawson? Dawson, for one, is a great fighter. The lineal champ at 175. Second, he's big, fast, athletic and was in his prime. No shame losing to Dawson. A loss isn't the end of the world, right? To beat Dawson he needed more than just ring IQ. And with only that he held his own, he didn't get schooled or embarrassed, he hung in there tough and won some rounds.

Comment

Working...
                X