No announcement yet.

Bradley vs. Mike Jones Dec 15??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley vs. Mike Jones Dec 15??

PBP got me thinking in another thread, and after thinking about it, it would not surprise me one bit if Bradley's opponent for Dec 15 is Mike Jones.

Points to ponder......

1. Arum would only identify Bradley's opponent as a "well known welterweight"

2. Jones is with TR, so easy fight to make

3. Bradley has time to make a voluntary defense

4. Jones still in top 10 of WBC

5. Berto (K9) & Peterson (Zab) appear unavailable

6. Guerrero was a pipe dream (GBP & TR)

7. 10 days before Christmas with Bradley headlining, they know they're gonna have to paper the house anyways, so having a "marketable" opponent would have been nice, but isnt mandatory.

Even though Bradley-Jones certainly isnt on anyones "must see" list, it makes good business sense for everyone involved........
    Last edited by OnePunch; 09-30-2012, 12:57 AM.

hate it, no thanks

Comment

5'11" vs 5'6"

It be cool if the 5'6" had a chance to K him O, but he can't...

No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        PBP got me thinking in another thread, and after thinking about it, it would not surprise me one bit if Bradley's opponent for Dec 15 is Mike Jones.

Points to ponder......

1. Arum would only identify Bradley's opponent as a "well known welterweight"

2. Jones is with TR, so easy fight to make

3. Bradley has time to make a voluntary defense

4. Jones still in top 10 of WBC

5. Berto (K9) & Peterson (Zab) appear unavailable

6. Guerrero was a pipe dream (GBP & TR)

7. 10 days before Christmas with Bradley headlining, they know they're gonna have to paper the house anyways, so having a "marketable" opponent would have been nice, but isnt mandatory.

Even though Bradley-Jones certainly isnt on anyones "must see" list, it makes good business sense for everyone involved........

I don't see HBO approving him. There were four names presented and approved already - Berto, Peterson, Guerrero and Provodnikov. No reason to go with Mike Jones when they can do an easy Provodnikov fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          I don't see HBO approving him. There were four names presented and approved already - Berto, Peterson, Guerrero and Provodnikov. No reason to go with Mike Jones when they can do an easy Provodnikov fight.

I still think its going to be Jones, because of the 4 names you mentioned:

Berto : Reportedly facing K9

Peterson: Reportedly fighting Zab (although I could see him stepping aside from that fight if there was more money in the Bradley fight, I just cant see HBO buying it based on the first fight)

Guerrero : Shaeffer reportedly said negotiations are dead

Providnikov: Not "well known", and not a "welterweight", although Arum "mis-speaking" about the opponent being a "well known welterweight" would not be shocking.........

Comment

I think Berto will fight Bundrage, though we still don't know for sure. Schaefer said Berto is fighting Bundrage, Berto's been on twitter saying there's a lot of rumors about who his next fight is, Schaefer than said Berto is going to pick the best option for him.

Peterson isn't targeting Bradley, I think they're trying to make Peterson-Judah, possibly on December 15th Showtime in DC.

Bradley will fight Provonikov or Berto. Provonikov should be nowhere near a title shot at 140 or 147. He should fight the Mayfield/Herrera winner.

I don't see how Berto could turn down fighting Top 10 P4P fighter for a WW title, who just fought Pacquiao, in his hometown.

Comment

Bradley beats the shyt out of Mike Jones.

Comment

Bradley doesn't fight fighters coming off losses..

Comment

why are people so concerned about Timothy Bradley?

i dont get it...who cares who he fights?

there is no one interesting at 147 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    Bradley beats the shyt out of Mike Jones.
                    if Mike isn't mentally over being KTFO...then yea...but IF he's on his game and he's at ease with what happened against Bailey, then Timmy will have a long long night....not even gonna front and pretend I don't have a super bias for my Philly fighters....I'm a open book in that sense....but I like Mike in this match up of styles....Timmy has a few extra gears in him and thats why he's gonna be a tough nut for Mike to crack imo...I like this fight ALOT!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X