No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Divorced HBO, Showtime/CBS is The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BabyFaceAssasin View Post
    What everyone fails to realize is that Michael Buffer will not be announcing this fight! Is the fight really going to be the same with "Iiiiit's Showtime" I don't think so.
    i dont think michael buffer makes a fight good, but i know what u mean

Comment

Kinda funny, he used to ride hard for HBO. Specially since he's with Al Haymon who has a lot of influence with HBO.

I wonder if this is similar to what happened when he divorced 50 after 50 said he was tired of hanging out with Floyd because he was tired of ducking Pacquiao?

Wouldn't be surprised if HBO asked him to fight someone Floyd didn't want to and Floyd left HBO. Or it really could be over more $.

Comment

Wonder if he gets a percentage of the subscribers that join during those 30 months...

It’s interesting as he wants people to get SHOWTIME when you don't need SHOWTIME for a PPV event. However I have both HBO and SHOWTIME. So it's whatever.

I would have MAX too but they don't show boxing, so they get ZERO love.

Comment

I wonder if Showtime will put the same pressure on Mayweather that HBO did to fight competitive fights. If HBO failed at it I doubt Showtime will even try.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyFaceAssasin View Post
            What everyone fails to realize is that Michael Buffer will not be announcing this fight! Is the fight really going to be the same with "Iiiiit's Showtime" I don't think so.
            Jimmy is classy! He will do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Of course. Just like u don't need HBO to order a HBO PPV.
              the way he was talking it sounded like you need to have showtime to watch. Showtime provides nothing better than hbo and far as series and movies they play

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                I wonder if Showtime will put the same pressure on Mayweather that HBO did to fight competitive fights. If HBO failed at it I doubt Showtime will even try.
                You really think Floyd will jump to MW?

Comment

Maybe HBO was cheating on him with CJ Watson, wouldn't be the first time

Comment

damn hbo for sure gonna want to keep broner.

Comment

If it wasn't for HBO Floyd would have lost to Castillo , They gave him a gift by bribing the judges

Comment

Working...
                      X