No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Frankie Gomez is Definitely My Best Prospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Frankie Gomez is Definitely My Best Prospect

So far, so good for Frankie Gomez under Freddie Roach.

The ultra-talented welterweight prospect seems to have put his legal troubles behind him and is flourishing in the ring since hooking up with the Hall of Fame trainer at the Wild Card Boxing Club last last year.

Gomez (15-0, 11 KOs) has had distractions in the past, but Roach hopes he can stay on the straight-and-narrow.

"There’s a lot of people who want to hang around you out there and want to be your friend, but you have to stay with the people that were there when you started and be careful about the guys coming on," said Roach. "I hope he can stay away from that. When I started with (Manny) Pacquiao he had no entourage, now he has a huge entourage. I never thought that would happen, but that’s how the boxing game goes, though."
    [Click Here To Read More]

i LOL when they said he has real really fast friends...
    and then the beginning starts with he has to remember who was there when he started.....manny had no one now he has a full entourage....

Comment

I like Frankie Gomez a lot. I definitely think he has the goods to be a future superstar.

Comment

I wish Pacquiao would ditch that entourage and get back to being himself..a lone killer

Comment

Frankie style fits very well with Roach's training style! Frankie got that Brandon Rios Pressure style but he is way more athletic then Rios

Comment

Originally posted by tonyca$h View Post
            i wish pacquiao would ditch that entourage and get back to being himself..a lone killer
            might as well throw in freddy roach and bob arum while you're at it..

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
              I like Frankie Gomez a lot. I definitely think he has the goods to be a future superstar.
              i think he has the fighting ability to be popular but dude has no personality Gomez is really quiet

Comment

Frankie is really young and he can be a bad man in a few years. Needs to stop dealing with yayo and focus on the future.

Comment

He needs to concentrate on getting in shape.

In my opinion. He looked terribly wild and uncontrolled in his last fight. His chin was wide open. It's only a matter of time until someone exploits his poor defense and knocks him out. He needs to learn defense or its going to come back and bite him in the end.

Comment

Working...
                  X