No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Solis Heading Straight To Adamek, Passes on Larsen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Solis Heading Straight To Adamek, Passes on Larsen

BoxingScene.com has been informed that heavyweight contender Odlanier Solis (18-1, 12 KOs) has decided to take a pass on facing Norway’s Leif Larsen (16-0, 13 KOs) in a 10-round fight on October 12 in Madrid - and instead the 2004 Olympic gold medal winner will head straight to a planned fight with former two-division world champion Tomasz Adamek (47-2, 29 KOs) on December 22.

[Click Here To Read More]

Smarter business move. Adamek is highky ranked. I think Solis wins a UD (if he stays away from the buffets).

Comment

Solis will probably come in in the 240's like he did against Vitali. But, nothing against Adamek, but IMO even a 260 Solis beats Adamek with relative ease. Solis is ridiculously talented and skilled, and even when he's completely out of shape, he could beat most top 10 heavyweights with little to no issues. If Solis at least comes in at the 240ish mark, I think he stops Adamek late. If he comes in the 260's I think he wins a somewhat competitive, but clear UD.

Comment

Solis is the only legit threat to the Klitschko's.

Whether he comes in shape is another story

Comment

Solis should have fought both Larsen and Adamek! Hes a fighter who needs to stay active to get in shape and he still needs more pro experience. And he needs to be in reasonable shape to beat Adamek or he will get outworked.

Comment

Damn, Adamek fights anyone. He'll probably lose but Solis is such a basket case you never know

Comment

Solis needs to get his **** together. If this fight gets made, Solis best prepare for Adamek... I wouldn't go so far and call Adamek the underdog. War Solis!

Comment

Even fat i havent seen Solis Gas but would like to see him lay off the all you can eat buffet's for a while, see what kind of fighter he can be if he can move better like in the Amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                  Solis should have fought both Larsen and Adamek!
                  I agree. The best way to keep Solis from eating himself into a bloated whale is to keep him active.

Plus fighting Larsen would have have given him a little extra work to get the rust off, prior to Adamek.

Comment

Looking forward to Solis-Adamek, good fight for both. If Solis commits more and gets his weight under control he's a real force to be reckoned with. Hopefully he will be in shape by December

Comment

Working...
                    X