Collapse
No announcement yet.

whos better Ali or Marcianno?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, i find ali annoying both as a boxer and as a person. I'm talking about the islamic militant version of ali, not the newer, more peaceful version. As a boxer he was a soft, flurry puncher, which doesnt make for a good looking fight, how ever effective he thought it was.
    Marciano on the other hand was a better all round boxer imo. He never had the opponents ali had, but thats just unfortunate timing really. I think a prime marciano would beat a prime ali (in a real fight, not some weird ass digital fake thing)

Comment

I don't think Marciano could catch Ali his footwork and speed was to great. If Marcianowould hit him with a good punchhe stillwouldn't be able to KO Ali. Ali would win by UD.

Comment

i would go with the simulation and say k.o for rock in the later rounds

Comment

I would love to see this fight simulated digitaly. Rock was great in his own right. 49-0

Comment

ali was better than rocky

Comment

it's a cert ali would not have done to marciano what he did to most of his opponents i'm not saying who would have won they fought at different erras in boxing

Comment

ALi because he would use his reach and speed to bust the rock up. The rock would have to knock him out but i dont think he could do it. Yes, Ali has been knocked down before but he gets up. Frasier hit him with a punch that would leave most fighters on a strecher, Ali popped back up. Norton broke his jaw he keep going. Foreman hit him with everything and Ali just told him to hit harder.
                Ali by late round Ko

Comment

Marciano would have beaten Ali, no doubts.

Comment

rocky was a small heavyweight. now a days he would be considered a cruiser weight , the rock wasnt even 200 and 201 is qualifing heavy weight. rocky didn't fight anyone he was in an eara of pure sluggers and he would not know what to do with a dance like ali.

Comment

Actually that's completely false. When Marciano fought the skill level was much higher than the current division. Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Joe Louis (he was old and his handspeed was diminished but still had skills and power), Roland LaStarza (very good and slick defensive fighter) and Joe Walcott (the guy Ali got his shuffle from) were all extremely skilled and none of them could be called a slugger.

Comment

Working...
                      X