No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sturm Talks Future, Geale, Weight Jump, Soliman, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sturm Talks Future, Geale, Weight Jump, Soliman, More

Former 3-Time World Middleweight Champion Felix Sturm is eager to come back after a disappointing and controversial decision loss to Australian Sam Soliman in Dusseldorf, Germany, three weeks ago.

Sturm, who celebrated his 34th birthday on the day before the Soliman bout, has by now re-watched the fight and has a clear opinion on his performance. He also commented on the controversy caused by Team Soliman in the days leading up to the February 1st clash, had words of advice for IBF champion Daniel Geale (who has to to face mandatory challenger Soliman next) and gave an insight into his future.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Felix is slipping when he throws he looks very good only problem is he fights for about 30 seconds each round jab aint what is was either.Felt he beat Sam but barely and if someone scored it too Soliman on workrate i couldn't disagree with them.Would love if Sturm could comeback too his best but cant see it

Comment

Interesting. I'm very surprised that Team Suliman was able to get away with all this. Particularly the change in weigh-in.

That being said then it's clear to everybody but team Sturm, that Felix is slipping. That's not just based on this fight, but the previous 3-4 bouts has showcased Sturm's decline in speed, footwork and particularly a lack of deployment of the jab.

I'll be very surprised if Sturm wins another major title.

Comment

Sturm clearly feels hard done by and feels that he has more to offer.....and it's hard to argue with or disrespect a guy who has been that successful and I am sure there are some fights out there for him.

He beat De La Hoya in Vegas in 2004 (despite what the bull**** scorecards say) and I wish the guy well.

Comment

How was his last fight controversial? Sturm fought tentative and pedestrian and barely threw any punches during fight. Against the off balance, unconventional and, at times, wild Soliman he should have been able to use his superior boxing skills to win this fight decisively but he choose to not to punch. **** Sturm and his boring a$$ style.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Soliman winning the fight, but Catic will be back.

He'll won the belt once again (from Geale)...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              How was his last fight controversial? Sturm fought tentative and pedestrian and barely threw any punches during fight. Against the off balance, unconventional and, at times, wild Soliman he should have been able to use his superior boxing skills to win this fight decisively but he choose to not to punch. **** Sturm and his boring a$$ style.
              I had Sturm winning clearly. In fact this is the worst decision I've seen in Germany since I started posting here and it went against ze german!

Comment

Working...
              X