No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stieglitz Gains Revenge, Stops Abraham After Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stieglitz Gains Revenge, Stops Abraham After Three

Robert Stieglitz avenged last year's title loss to Arthur Abraham with an emphatic third round stoppage Saturday evening in Magdeberg, Germany.

Stieglitz was in control for the entire affair, capitalizing on Abraham's reputation as a slow starter by attacking him from the opening bell. Abraham never made the adjustment, suffering a rapidly swelling left eye in the second round which was completely closed by the end of the third. [Click Here To Read More]

really want to see a replay of the punch that did it...

Comment

wtf !! it was supposed to start at 4pm.
      i get home and its f... over... WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wow, really didn't see that coming.

In the first fight he didn't look like he had the power to trouble Abraham who looked unscathed after 12.

Wonder if they'll go a third time.

Comment

Abraham threw about 10 punches all fight, he was dreadful.

Not sure if it was a punch or a headbutt that caused the damage, but Steiglitz dominated. Looked a LOT more powerful than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by r__mutt View Post
            really want to see a replay of the punch that did it...
            I'm sure the video will be posted soon but I honestly think it was a headbutt. Stieglitz lunged forward a lot.

Comment

Abraham's fault for starting slow,but Stieglitz was fighting dirty as well....headbutting and wrestling.

I wonder if it was a punch that caused the eye to shut or a head clash...

I don't wanna see a rematch,but we may be forced to.

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
                I'm sure the video will be posted soon but I honestly think it was a headbutt. Stieglitz lunged forward a lot.
                same. i cant recall ever seeing an eye swell up that fast due to a punch, especially a CLEAN punch like the one stieglitz landed.

in either case, abraham was pretty lackluster. even the few clean shots he landed didnt seem to bother stieglitz.

Comment

Donovan you are wrong

Jake, he didnt use dirty tactics...Stieglits was a bit afraid in the beginning of the fight, thats why he was clinching everytime he threw some combinations. AND when he CLINCHED , HE constantly HEADBUTTED him which caused the damage...Artur clocked him in the second round and then Stieglits headbutted him again causing a swollen eye...

Comment

Abraham got steam rolled. Definitely didn't see that coming.

Comment

Working...
                    X