Dwyer's latest thought on FMJ vs Money Pacquaio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwyer's latest thought on FMJ vs Money Pacquaio

These are some repsonses he posted on his youtube page:

Respectfully disagree. Your Pacquiao arguments seem to be speculation and conjecture. The reality is that Floyd got larger PPV against common opponents -- Oscar & Hatton. Both men weighed more when they fought Floyd than when they fought Manny. Oscar was the light middleweight champion. Hatton was unbeaten.

Had Floyd fought both AFTER they lost to Manny and drawn lower PPV numbers for both fights, I don't think he'd be able to ask for 50% with a straight face -- especially if Manny was unbeaten. I just don't see Manny's entitlement.

The press coverage is the most shocking aspect of Manny. He beat four fighters shortly after they had lost -- Oscar, Hatton, Cotto & Clottey. (Great timing?) He further hasn't fought Zab Judah or Shane Mosley. And many believe he lost both to Marquez. Yet he is viewed as P4P.

He hasn't gotten the PPV numbers, yet he is viewed as a 50% draw. I sense the public knows that he is overhyped. Even his trainer wants him to quit after he fights Floyd. And if he doesn't fight Floyd, his promoter only wants him to fight other the promoter's other fighters -- Cotto & Margarito -- so that the promoter gets the winner even if he loses. He himself has moved on to politics.

I'm not sure if his own people believe the hype.

Take a look at Manny's eye after the second Marquez fight. It was swollen. Floyd is bigger and hits harder than Marquez. Also -- take away the Hatton KO at 140 -- and Manny lacks one punch power above 140. De La Hoya quit on his stool. The Cotto stoppage was questionable and in the last round. Clottey went the distance. Manny's "best shots" likely aren't enough to stop Floyd, who has never been stopped.

Not only do I think Floyd wins, I think he wins coming forward. Just like with Allan Green, I still say Manny can't fight backing up. Floyd could pin him on the ropes as Ward did Green, smothering his speed. Manny could very well get stopped in the fight.

I love Dwyer but I feel he is slightly letting his love of Floyd distort his views. If I were a Floyd fan personally I'd be worried about that fight.

Comment

Can you say LeBron James?
      Last edited by Carpe Diem; 07-03-2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I agree with Dwyer that Manny could get stopped. I actually have Floyd stopping him late. Against southpaws, Floyd walks them down and doesn't usually sit back and box. He is right in their face on the attack and always coming forward.

Comment

I think I would like pacquiao if he actually had fought everyone at 140lbs. Or presently fights more than Top Rank tomato cans at catchweights.

Comment

what is this a videogame...aha this fools saying things that could happen in floyds favor. you could say a lot of things that COULD happen in mannys favor. one thing i do know is the fight WILL NOT LOOK LIKE Ward vs Green did.

Comment

Dwyer picked Foreman over Cotto.. said Foreman was mobile like Manny and power like Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
                Dwyer picked Foreman over Cotto.. said Foreman was mobile like Manny and power like Ali.
                I remember him saying that as well, it was a terrible style match up for Foreman

Comment

like i said---floyd stops manny by round 8------and i'm a huge floyd fan, and i'm not worried at all for this fight, not at all----

Comment

Dwyer is a gambler, so of course he favors Mayweather. FMJ is the safer bet while Manny needs a very lucky night for an upset.

But I still say Manny has a better chance of upsetting Floyd than any previous opponent Floyd has faced. He has a tendency to perform extremely well in high-pressure situations, and there's no higher pressure situation than this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X