Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people be so loyal/obsessed with a particular company?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    lol what a sensitive twat.
    Shut up Son, my phone is better than yours.

Comment

To the point where they get emotional and bitterly debate what product is the better for hours? I suppose it's a way to belong to a community. Pathetic, I agree.
      I've never been able to relate to that sheep/blind mentality.

- The apple fanboy who'll sleep outside the store and live on oatmeal for 2 months to upgrade his perfectly fine Iphone 4s to 5
      - The extreme sportsfan who've forgotten his marriage anniversary or sons big day to watch a bunch of dudes play ball
      - The man who acts like an absolute douchbag because he now got a job-title as a lawyer and thus think he's superior to everyone else..
      - The COD nerd who'll buy and defend every new title of this and act like it's the best thing since chocolate milkshake..
      - The religous nutjob who insist on forcing his belief upon you.

Extremist people are a royal pain in the ass, regardless of their interest IMO. Mostly because they throw logic out the window and thus you can't have a rational conversation with them on that subject.
      Last edited by Grand Champ; 02-02-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Nike and Timberlands on my feet till the day I die

Comment

groupthink

Comment

It's all part of the self illusion. We define ourselves through our relationships with others and by the items we own/want to own.

Comment

I am not obsessed with companies but i prefer or a favorite of a company cuz i like their product. I really cut down on soda, drinking probably 2 cans a month but i like Coca Cola. PlayStation cuz i just like the console. For tea drinks, Golden Peak. I used to like GAP due to their baggy pants but they turn gay. I only like the polo shirts/short sleeves at Marc Ecko.

Not really into fast food favorites but i prefer Carls Jr., more selection. They have chicken and turkey. My favorite in McDonalds is McRib.

Comment

Why do people have such an emotional connection with a brand or particular company, such as Apple, Windows, iPhone, Android, Coke, Pepsi, etc.?

I guess product advertising must effect the brain of certain individuals in an extreme way?

I never quite understood this. I mean, I may like a certain product over another one but it's because for whatever it works better for me, not because I'm a fanboy of the brand or whatever.

Thoughts?
                Are you on other boxingforums than boxingscene?

Comment

I am loyal, but generally I buy what I want or at least think is the best.

I use to be a PS3 guy with COD, but got the X Box for Halo.
                  I use to have only Sony TV's, but now feel Samsung is better.
                  I use to have Sony MD, Walkman's, but went to the I Pod.
                  I use to have a Crapple I Phone 4, but now jumped onto the best phone of 2012, The Samsung S3.
                  I buy clothes from all places, whatever my girl thinks suits me, or what I think looks good. In the past I use to stick to a few shops or brands, such as GAP, Levi's etc...

As I have grown older, I am less of a fanboy, but more of a troll. I like that reaction, I like to tease, lick and make someone shake.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Are you on other boxingforums than boxingscene?
                    Like four of them lol. But this is the most active.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                      People like to belong to something? Maybe they feel that they're defined by their taste in certain things..

Electronics, sports team, their job title, their hoppy etc..

Pathetic? Yes... But understandable none the less.
                      Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      People want to fit in.
                      Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
                      groupthink
                      Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                      It's all part of the self illusion. We define ourselves through our relationships with others and by the items we own/want to own.
                      consumerism has been a big part of society since the 1920's, maybe even the late 19th century, with each generation becoming more and more deeply involved. for many of us, what kinds of products we buy has become our religion. we think of the freedom to choose what products we can buy as political / spiritual freedom

Comment

Working...
                      X