No announcement yet.

The GOAT ladies and gentlemen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I think he would've made quick work of Margarito and Cotto, both.

Mosley would be outboxed most likely, and probably dropped in the process.

Mayweather would definitely give him a real tough fight, and with his intelligence I'd pick him to edge Ray out on the cards.

Williams could likely pose problems but the way he gives away his height, and leaves his chin so awkwardly hanging in the wind ; I wouldn't be surprised to see Ray catch him good and leave him crumpled on the canvas. If Quintana could land openly and freely on Paul as often as he did, I think Robinson could, as well.

The rest of them like Cintron, Angulo, Berto, and the like wouldn't even deserve to share a ring with him.
    At 135 or at 147. SRR would destroy Floyd. Is not even a debate. just too big, too active, too great. SRR would dominate Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      To suggest that the Italian MOB, was favoring a black CUBAN over an ITALIAN AMERICAN is just plain stupid. I'm sorry but just NO.

Also, as one of the best pressure fighters ever, he sure had a hell of a time losing a split decision to a hopelessly past prime Gavilan, who would go on to lose 16 of his next 30 fights.
      Gavilan was not "hopelessly" past his prime at 27 years of age. He had one of his best performances against Johnny Bratton after fighting Basilio and a valiant effort against the middleweight champion Bobo Olson. He then went onto get robbed against the mob-backed Johnny Saxton which broke him.

Basilio on the other hand was still inexperienced at this point of his career and was having his first big step up.

Most of the people I know scored the fight for Basilio.

Basilio may have been Italian-American but he was not about to co-operate with the mob.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Robinson is the greatest fighter of all time and it really is never debated because it isn't really close.

Is not a debate really the only guy who comes close is Henry Armstron

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Boxing is a sport and its impossible to perfect but Robinson was the closest to doing that.
        I couldn't agree with you more

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Exactly. LaMotta has one of the best middleweights resumes of all time and he ducked no one. LaMotta completely overwhelmed Cerdan in my opinion, injury or not, and he was past his best when he won the title if you ask me.

Robinson said LaMotta had slowed down noticeably in their sixth bout but he was still as strong as ever. LaMotta also surprised Robinson with effective use of the jab which Ray did not expect, but eventually LaMotta ran out of stamina due to having drained himself to make the 160 lb weight limit.
          I know I can't believe what I am reading in this thread. Lamotta is not the greatest out there but he was great. Very underrated nowadays and beat a lot of top fighters in that time. Lamotta only man to beat Robinson in his 20's and his first 130 fights. I think that just shows how good Lamotta was.

Comment

Re: The opening where he bows to everyone. Who does that ****?

I'll tell you who - the classiest, most skilled, toughest, most courageous fighter who ever laced em up - Sugar Ray Robinson. No one could carry your jockstrap, sir. The GOAT. Period.

Comment

Is it me, or does he leave himself EXTREMELY open when he throws his shots?

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
                Is it me, or does he leave himself EXTREMELY open when he throws his shots?
                Only when he went for the kill.

Comment

Working...
                X