Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Mikey Garcia get crap for fighting where he does???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Mikey Garcia get crap for fighting where he does???

All I see on here is how Donaire picks on smaller fighters at 118 and than 122, and that he beats small guys. Or how Broner should be at 140 and no lower than that.

But yet, Mikey Garcia comes into the ring as a JWW/WW, I believe he was a little over 140 lbs against Barros last week on fight night. And I don't hear anyone saying Mikey Garcia is fighting 3 weight classes smaller than he should be.

Why is that???

Rios got crap for fighting 2 weight classes smaller than he was. Chavez gets crap for fighting 2 weight classes smaller than he should. I've yet to hear anyone bring this up with Mikey Garcia, or even another current Featherweight like Orlando Salido, who is a big Featherweight.

Comment

Mikey isn't controversial or polarizing so posters on NSB don't really say anything about him.

Comment

He comes in that heavy?
        Did they show it before the fight?
        Did not know that....

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          He comes in that heavy?
          Did they show it before the fight?
          Did not know that....
          He was over 140. I think he was 141 lbs.

He's not a small guy. I mean he's 5'6'' with a 70'' reach, he looks like a JWW to me.

Even Salido, who I like, he's a damn big Featherweight too.

Comment

If you make the contracted weight at the weigh in I don't see why it would be controversial to come in so much heavier. This has been happening for years.

Coming so heavy never guarantees victory. It is an advantage though

Comment

Wow.... view him a little differently now. I still like him though

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                If you make the contracted weight at the weigh in I don't see why it would be controversial to come in so much heavier. This has been happening for years.

Coming so heavy never guarantees victory. It is an advantage though
                Just wondering why people bring it up with Donaire, Broner, Chavez, Rios, etc. And not with Mikey Garcia. The guy comes into the ring as a JWW/WW.

I don't have a problem with it, I think if you make weight, you're good to go. But there's some on here who have a problem with it, but I'm just wondering why those people never bring it up with Mikey Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  What do you have against Mikey Garcia?

He's never had any problem making weight, unlike your hero Broner.
                  Nothing. As long as you make weight, your good. No athlete is my hero. Those spots are taken by my father, and others like Dr. King. But I mean, it could be different for you.

But there's people on here who bring it up with Donaire, Rios, Broner, Chavez, all fighting is weight classes they supposedly shouldn't be in. But no one brings it up with Garcia, even though he comes into the ring as a JWW/WW.

Comment

Cause Garcia is boss thats why. He will be reigning champ for years to come after hes done with Salido

Comment

Working...
                    X