No announcement yet.

How bad or good is carner asada?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad or good is carner asada?

Ok i keep hearing diffrent things from people. That it's fattning and bad for u. Other's say its great protein so what is it? I quit eating junk but i wanna know if i can steal it carne asada because thats our main meal when we watch fights on weekends. I'm sure alot of u health freaks now especially mexicans who eat this all the time

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
    Ok i keep hearing diffrent things from people. That it's fattning and bad for u. Other's say its great protein so what is it? I quit eating junk but i wanna know if i can steal it carne asada because thats our main meal when we watch fights on weekends. I'm sure alot of u health freaks now especially mexicans who eat this all the time
    most mexican foods are loaded with fats and saturated fats and are generally not good for you

Comment

i looked it up

its looks ****ing tasty and nice, but yeah looks like it has quite a bit of fat in it

try to keep it to once a fortnight or so

or if you need to lose some serious weight, dont eat it until you are back at a healthy weight

Comment

What about on a foreman grill? It taste like water because it takes all the grease but would that make it alot better?thx for the help guys

Comment

What about on a foreman grill? It taste like water because it takes all the grease but would that make it alot better?thx for the help guys
          yes if you grilled it on a foreman grill and then ate it on its own with no side dish or with a low fat healthy side dish it wouldnt be bad at all

Comment

I'm Nicaraguan and we can make some serious carne asada.

We usually eat it with a complementary salad or yuca. i dont think its that bad for you, if anything its good IMO.

Comment

I think carne asada has something like 15 g of protein and 10 g of fat per serving

I still eat it pretty regularly

Comment

In my country, we don't have anything like "carne asada" so I didn't know what is that. I've found some photos and info @ google.com, so...

Do not eat any carne asadas because of FAT. Go to the butcher and ask for fillet of chicken (or something like that). Clean meat - that is what gives you muscles. Do you know what can you get from eating fat?

Comment

It is typically made with flank steak when bought from a carniceria. Make it yourself with a lean cut of beef (round) and grill as you normally would. Corn tortillas are better than flour and eat with beans de olla instead of the much fattier re-fried beans.

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                    most mexican foods are loaded with fats and saturated fats and are generally not good for you
                    True, but if you know anything at all about cooking, you can make mant healthy mexican meals.

Comment

Working...
                    X