No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Larry Merchant will end his unprecedented 35-year run as a ringside boxing commentator for HBO Sports with the season finale of World Championship Boxing® this Saturday night (9:30 p.m. ET/PT) from Houston. Following the telecast, Merchant will be moving into another phase of his wide-ranging career.

[Click Here To Read More]

That's what happens when you don't drink teh Berto koolaid.

Comment

damn , larry you will be missed...expect hbo boxing to have lower standards now..

larry was hard to please , thats why standards were high....i see a lot of more nuthuggin in the future

Comment

Sad day, Larry was never biased and just called it how it was. Thats what I liked. Now we gonna have lampley and kellerman both of who are nuthuggers and bend the truth to fit their agenda. Jones jr is alright but he just talks play by play no match for kellerman and lampley to overthrow.

Comment

A lot of Floyd fans hate him, but he was pretty good. Watched his older stuff before I was born, he was sharp. Age got to him a lil, but he is good. Amir was E. Steward's last, and now Larry M too. Wow.

Comment

I first started watching boxing in 1986 and Larry has been on HBO this whole time. It will be different without him. He used to be my favorite commentator, but I can't help but favor Roy Jones no, who I feel knows a lot more about boxing than any commentator in the game right now.

Comment

About time they get his hater ass off HBO.

Comment

truly an end to a era

Comment

All good things must come to an end. Thank you for all the great commentary Mr. Merchant

Comment

I just don't feel comfortable a lot of times with Merchant.

I was watching that Golota-Bowe fight 2 and after the fight Merchant kept attempting to direct Bowe's line of questioning to how Golota 'ruined his health and retired him'.. Golota did, but that wasn't the time to ask that.

Merchant also gave almost no credit to Lennox Lewis for anything Lewis did. Prior to the Grant fight both Merchant and big dumb Foreman was hyping up Grant like a God. HE'S 6'8, HE'S BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN LENNOX. HE IS THE FUTURE. I SEE GOOD THINGS COMIN'

After Lennox utterly dominated Grant, all they said was 'wow the heart on Grant' wow what heart' what a exciting fight'.

Comment

Working...
                    X