Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are some carb-free/very low carb breakfasts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are some carb-free/very low carb breakfasts?

I'm planning to completely eliminate carbs from my diet save for immediately post training (which would be supper for me).

Lunch is going to be easy for me but I have no idea what to do for breakfast as everything I know contains carbs asides maybe eggs but I don't have time to make eggs in the morning. Could I just drink a bunch of protein in the morning & call it a day?

whey protein mixed with almond milk. Just buy egg whites in a carton, literally takes a minute on a frying pan to make scrambled eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLaHoya1fan View Post
      whey protein mixed with almond milk. Just buy egg whites in a carton, literally takes a minute on a frying pan to make scrambled eggs.
      So you're saying Id be good with some whey protein & almond milk? Might just do that

Comment

Almond milk has a few carbs in it and so does most whey protein.

Make hard boiled eggs the night before, throw them in the fridge and down 2-3 in the morning.

To be honest, eggs are the only real ''breakfast'' foods that have no carbs. Unless you are up to eating some type of meat or fish for breakfast, you are stuck with eggs.

There are not too many foods besides meat, eggs, and fish that have NO carbs.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JsnAndrew View Post
          Almond milk has a few carbs in it and so does most whey protein.

Make hard boiled eggs the night before, throw them in the fridge and down 2-3 in the morning.

To be honest, eggs are the only real ''breakfast'' foods that have no carbs. Unless you are up to eating some type of meat or fish for breakfast, you are stuck with eggs.

There are not too many foods besides meat, eggs, and fish that have NO carbs.

Good luck.
          Was going to say this.

Also, why are you trying to eliminate carbs completely? I thought people were over this stupid fad, but good luck having low energy and feeling like crap all day.

Comment

I'm planning to completely eliminate carbs from my diet save for immediately post training (which would be supper for me).
            I dont know your situation, but this makes no sense to me. Carbs are very important. I know when losing or cutting weight it is important to cut down on them, but never in an extreme manner. You get a lot of energy from them.

If you were to cut down on carbs, if anything you would eat them first thing in the mourning to give you energy for the day and avoid them at night.

Any type of protein like chicken, fish, etc should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post

Lunch is going to be easy for me but I have no idea what to do for breakfast as everything I know contains carbs asides maybe eggs but I don't have time to make eggs in the morning. Could I just drink a bunch of protein in the morning & call it a day?

1) what do you mean you dont have time in the morning? just get up 10-20 mins earlier. what are you talking about? too lazy are the correct words. dont say you dont have time.

2) you have no clue when it comes to nutrition/diats so forget it. you read some **** in a girly magazine about the quickest way to lose weight in 4 days and then you think its good or safe or that it works.

but just to answer your question, drink water all day. also, freeze it and eat it. 0 carbs, it'll do wonders for you. enjoy

Comment

if you were gonna eat any carbs that would be the time to do it. educate yourself before you come on a forum sounding like a fool when you could just dive into google for an hour and find everything you need to know.

Comment

Try to taper your carbs down as the day goes on, meat and veg after 5 tends to help me lose fat. Breakfast is when I load up, porridge with fruit does the trick.

Anyways depends what you are aiming for (muscle building etc).

Power of google my friend.

Comment

Hi HtotheZ,
                    My favorite low carb recipe is having ham, egg and cheese muffin cups in breakfast. If you want recipe PM me.
                    Last edited by Hanley; 10-05-2013, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X