Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more of a joke: Haye fighting Harrison or Wlad fighting Chisora?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is more of a joke: Haye fighting Harrison or Wlad fighting Chisora?

So based on there latest /next fight, which HW champ is taking/taken the worse challenger?

Haye defending against Harrison - the europeon champ

or

Wlad defending against Chisora - the Commonwealth champ

Both pretty humiliating. It goes to show you that the Heavyweight division is dead.

Comment

Both are ridiculous.

Comment

Well Harrison and Haye had history and there was call for the fight from some of the UK public, the boxing community despite what it says now got caught up in the hype and gave Harrison a chance.

Chisora has only had 14 fights and will be dwarfed in size and talent, nobody has called for THIS mismatch

Wlad does take on all comers tho, he's just running out of opposition

Comment

Considering that Chisora would have slapped Audley around just as badly as David did - I think that this is a bit of a tricky question.

Chisora is a far, far better contender than Harrison because he's young, hungry, athletic, hits genuinely hard with both hands and has made a real effort to listen to his trainers and fight and train like a professional.

The bad news for Del Boy is that he is fighting Wlad K and not David Haye. This is definitely a case of the better challenger facing a better champion.

Haye-Chisora would have been a 'barn-burner' and definitetly worth the PPV ticket but I am not so sure about Chisora-WK, especially with Derek making the trip over to Germany.

Chisora loses this fight but he'll go down with all guns blazing and not with the parthetic whimper Harrison conned us with.

Comment

By far Vagina vs Fraudley was/is the bigger joke. Vagina is almost 10 years yonger than Fraudley, Fraudley has been beaten by full-time cab drivers, Fraudley never did anything as a pro (no, winning a TV boxing show is not an accomplishment), Fraudley has been knocked out multiple times in his long and fruitless career.

Chisora was ranked higher than Fraudley on UK rankings, Chisora is undefeated, Chisora is yonger than Wlad by almost a decade, and Chisora doesn't fight scared.

Not to mention that Vagina said he will never fight Fraudley and the fight is a joke. Oh and the fight still had to be fixed by Vagina because he probably didn't think he could win...

Comment

Haye fighting Audley was a sick joke.

Wlad is fighting Chisora because Haye is ducking him. Haye fought Harrison to duck Wlad.

Comment

Given that Derek Chisora is stepping into the prime of his life this fight with Wlad will be an excellent learning curve for a future heavyweight prospect whose star is on the rise.

Wladimir Klitschko fighting Chisora is a lot better for boxing than Harrison Haye was ever going to be. That fight was two old gym buddies playing Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart. There wasn't even an ounce of entertainment involved in the ring. It was abysmal.

Comment

Wlad is fighting an unproven fighter in Chisora...

But Haye was fighting someone who was proven to be a BUM in Audley.

Chisora is young and hungry at age 26, but Audley is old at age 39.

Chisora beat Sexton twice, who beat Martin Rogan, who beat Audley.

Chisora is definitely a better, more dangerous opponent that old Audley.

Comment

I think what pisses me off in both cases far more than any talent mismatches is that there are so many guys more worthy and who have done far more to earn a shot than either Harrison or Chisora. I guess my answer has to be Haye v. Fraudley as at least Del Boy is likely to earn (another) title tilt at some point if he continues to fight, learn and improve. Fraudley was crap, is crap and if he is stupid enough not to retire will remain crap. Excellent amateurs do not always good pros make.

Comment

Working...
                    X