No announcement yet.

If Floyd's next fight is at 147..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Floyd's next fight is at 147..

..should his ranking and title be removed at 154?

If he has no plans on fighting anyone at 154, I think all traces of Mayweather should be removed there.

Sad thing is, if Mayweather was removed, a Trout-Canelo fight would be for the RING title..... even though Canelo hasn't fought anybody.

Would be interesting to see if Trout gets upgraded to Super champ, or if the WBA are actually serious about them dropping that stupid title, and keeping him as the WBA champ.

Your thoughts?

it's actually his 147 title and ranking that should be removed
    it's been well over a yr since he fought Ortiz
    and he served time
    under WBC rules, he shoulda been stripped of their title
    he just pays them so much Sulaiman won't do it
    he'd technically have a yr before his JMW ranking should be sacked
    don't know just how long super champs get to face regular champs
    based on the Wlad-Povetkin thing, think it's about 18 months or so

Comment

all i know is those sort of rules dont apply to mayweather and that is wrong.

Comment

I think you need 18 months before you can be removed from any weight class ranking, 154 doesn't really have a champ IMHO though.

Comment

Ever since the ring changed their rules, you don't have to have 1 vs 2 anymore for the ring belt. I'm not sure exactly what the guidelines are, but i think a 1 vs 3, or 2 vs 3 or even 1 vs 4 will suffice...

*EDIT: CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY - Championship vacancies can be filled in the following two ways: 1. THE RING’s Nos. 1 and 2 contenders fight one another. 2. If the Nos. 1 and 2 contenders chose not to fight one another and either of them fights No. 3, No. 4 or No. 5, the winner may be awarded THE RING belt if the Editorial Board deems the contenders worthy

Comment

If he does not fight Guerrero he should lose his WBC 147 pound tittle because he has already kept him waiting long enough. Unless he declared his intention to defend his WBA 154 tittle soon he should lose that tittle too. You should not be champion if you won't defend your tittle more than once every two years or so. I see nothing wrong with Canelo fighting Trout for the ring 154 pound tittle.They are probably the two best and deserve to be rated at the top as much as any other 154 pound fighter. Would you rather see Molina vs.Lara for the ring tittle? Trout really did nothing special at 154. Yes, he beat Cotto at that weight but who did Cotto beat at 154 to be so highly regarded. There is no fighter that has really done much at 154 to really stand out as the clear #1. Canelo has done as much as any of the other 154 pounders which is not much. He is ranked in the top 3 by almost all ranking bodies.

Comment

Yes Floyd should be dropped from the 154 rankings. According to his fanbase, he only fights there when there's an easy marketable win to be had. He doesn't go after the best at the weight. So why should he be called the best when he only shows up to collect an easy belt from a crap champ??

This does not mean I have a problem with his Cotto win. It was a smart business move & a very credible victory. Cotto came to fight & proved he had some miles left in the tank. All I'm saying is if Floyd decides to fight at 154 again, it needs to be the best fighter there, not some golden boy hype job.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                all i know is those sort of rules dont apply to mayweather and that is wrong.
                everything is about making money. Money rules. Mayweather makes alot of people alot of money. Its the american way. So get out of here you crybaby.

Comment

He has 18 months..meaning till nov this year

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Yes Floyd should be dropped from the 154 rankings. According to his fanbase, he only fights there when there's an easy marketable win to be had. He doesn't go after the best at the weight. So why should he be called the best when he only shows up to collect an easy belt from a crap champ??

This does not mean I have a problem with his Cotto win. It was a smart business move & a very credible victory. Cotto came to fight & proved he had some miles left in the tank. All I'm saying is if Floyd decides to fight at 154 again, it needs to be the best fighter there, not some golden boy hype job.
                    Floyds resume at 154 with only 2 fights is better then any one elses there

Comment

Working...
                    X