No announcement yet.

The final US Presidential debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Maybe I watched a different debate because I don't think it needs explanation. I'm not being sarcastic, just honest. That was an extremely one-sided debate in Obama's favor. Not that it's surprising--hard to beat a sitting president on a debate over foreign policy. But nevertheless Romney was out of his depth in nearly every category and ate a few zingers as well. I don't believe it changes the election too much as I doubt there are as many undecideds as some would like to think. But if you're asking me who won the debate then I don't know what to tell you. It wasn't very close.
    Wow, I guess I could understand you if I put my mind to a pleabian level. If looking at Obama's zingers (which most of them are completely false by the way) - maybe that would put you in the mindset of a total ignorant ****. It's so sad to see people like you with a very little understanding of politics - and judge a debate based on ignoble understanding....

Comment

This should have been a poll. Anyone that saw it knows who the winner was, so arguing is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
        Most voting for Gary Johnson knows that it is a principled vote. But, if he gets 5% of the vote, then the Libertarian Party will have access to general election funds in the next election which will advance libertarian ideals and exposure. This will allow a person with Ron Paul Ideals a shot of being included at the national debates. So, I'm voting Gary Johnson for the future of the country.

Gary Johnson, he wants to cut government spending drastically even the military which will lead to a balanced budget, and hopefully surplus to lower the debt if taxes stays the same. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that we need to either cut spending drastically, raise taxes significantly on everyone, or a combination of both if we want to lower the debt. The President wants more spending and raise taxes. Romeny, wants lower taxes but little cut to spending. Only Gary Johnson is honest enough to propose drastic cuts to spending in order to lower the debt.
        Ron Paul, Gary Johnson etc.... The Libertarian Party is becoming the party of "If Only" and that's not the way to make a difference or an impact. Ron Paul couldn't get a Libertarian voice in the process, because the powers that be wouldn't let it happen. That's why he had to campaign under the GOP banner and there was no way in hell the GOP would allow him to usurp pure GOP party candidates. So, he becomes a form of entertainment, instead of a force to be reckoned with.

If the Libertarian Party ever expects to become a force, then they need to campaign during the off-season, get the people behind their agenda, not only in word but in action. Campaigning during the time when the established parties do their thing isn't the way to go and history has proven that that strategy isn't working.

I'll be the first to state, that the Libertarian Party has some great ideas and present a good agenda, but their organizational platform needs a lot of work.

How long do they plan on staying in the back row of the theater?

We've been through this same routine already, its time to either step up or shut up. Supporters of the Libertarian Party need to make them relevant and get them on the ballot or stop talking about them .... because talk is getting cheaper by the day, and unless some of the people haven't noticed -- WE ARE SERIOUSLY RUNNING OUTTA TIME.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post
          Wow, I guess I could understand you if I put my mind to a pleabian level. If looking at Obama's zingers (which most of them are completely false by the way) - maybe that would put you in the mindset of a total ignorant ****. It's so sad to see people like you with a very little understanding of politics - and judge a debate based on ignoble understanding....
          What was false? I haven't followed up the fact-checking. Then again I don't need that to tell me that parties are adept at lying.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Romney was more consistent with his talking points and delivered them better.

The actual subject matter of their discussions means next to nothing. It's always full of lies and mistakes. Romney speaks better than Obama, and Obama looked like he was reaching at times. His attacks came off as fake and pushy.

Romney captivated his Hispanic audience. He spoke to us tonight with his Latin America points and we listened. Romney won this by a hair.
            It is painfully obvious you didn't watch the debate, you literally said nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              Ron Paul, Gary Johnson etc.... The Libertarian Party is becoming the party of "If Only" and that's not the way to make a difference or an impact. Ron Paul couldn't get a Libertarian voice in the process, because the powers that be wouldn't let it happen. That's why he had to campaign under the GOP banner and there was no way in hell the GOP would allow him to usurp pure GOP party candidates. So, he becomes a form of entertainment, instead of a force to be reckoned with.

If the Libertarian Party ever expects to become a force, then they need to campaign during the off-season, get the people behind their agenda, not only in word but in action. Campaigning during the time when the established parties do their thing isn't the way to go and history has proven that that strategy isn't working.

I'll be the first to state, that the Libertarian Party has some great ideas and present a good agenda, but their organizational platform needs a lot of work.

How long do they plan on staying in the back row of the theater?

We've been through this same routine already, its time to either step up or shut up. Supporters of the Libertarian Party need to make them relevant and get them on the ballot or stop talking about them .... because talk is getting cheaper by the day, and unless some of the people haven't noticed -- WE ARE SERIOUSLY RUNNING OUTTA TIME.
              Gary Johnson is on the ballot of 48 states with the other 2 being challenged in the courts. So he is on the ballot, but change isn't going to happen overnight and certainly won't happen if we keep on voting for the 2 main parties. Therefore the goal of this election is get 5% of the votes so that the Libertarian Party will get access to general election funds which might get them relevant. Then the next goal for the next election is to survey 15% of the population so that the candidate can participate at the debates. After that who knows, we might have a Whig party situation.

Comment

I would much rather watch this (in hindsight) that debate was boring as all get up.

Comment

I liked Obama in the debate last night.

He definitely won that debate.

2-1 Obama in the best outta 3 series.

Comment

One thing I would have roasted Obama on if I were Romney was the subject of drone strikes.

Obama's drone strikes have killed tens of innocent civilians in Pakistan.

Drone strikes have got to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      I liked Obama in the debate last night.

He definitely won that debate.

2-1 Obama in the best outta 3 series.
                      the reason I also believe Obama won was because he sucked less than Romney, neither impressed me...

I kept getting pissed how Romney kept saying to Obama "I agree with you on that" on most of the foreign policy stuff...Romney wasn't aggressive enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X