No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson is the Greatest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson is the Greatest

Man, I love this sport. I live and ****in bleed boxing. I love boxing so much, it's ****in insane. Mike Tyson was the one who got me hooked, youngest champion, awesome knockouts. Damn, I love this sport. Nothing tops Boxing, Nothing. If it wasnt for Tyson, i wouldnt know **** about boxing. Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis...those guys are awesome......but I wouldnt know **** about them if it wasnt for Tyson. . . . . .

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
    Man, I love Mike Tyson. I live and ****in bleed Mike Tyson. I love Mike Tyson so much, it's ****in insane. Mike Tyson was the one who got me hooked, youngest champion, awesome knockouts. Damn, I love Mike Tyson. Nothing tops Mike Tyson, Nothing. If it wasnt for Tyson, i wouldnt know **** about boxing. Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis...those guys are awesome......but I wouldnt know **** about them if it wasnt for Tyson. . . . . .

Damn dude thats a little... weird

Comment

Damn he said Tyson like 8 times in just a small paragraph. Plus his name is Tyson77. My earliest memory of Tyson was him getting sent to jail. I was very young then, and my dad was a huge boxing fan. I remember asking him why he was going to jail. He told me, "For beating his girlfriend."

He didn't tell me he beat her with his ****.
      Last edited by dirty fingers; 07-01-2012, 01:41 AM.

Comment

tyson was for sure the most exciting thing to come to Boxing in some years. I only wish we could have them days back!!!

Comment

Tyson was the most exciting thing to EVER come into boxing. There is no fighter in Boxing or MMA history that knocked people out the way Tyson did. He was great until his mindset changed in 1988. The Spinks fight was him at his best and Kevin Rooney was the best trainer for Tyson's style. All people now days remember is the Tyson that was a raging idiot out of control, that's why he gets disrespected a lot. But, us that watched him from the beginning, know there's been nothing like him since and even before.

You know what sucks about this boxing history forum? There are too many posters that don't know shiiit about boxing history.
          Last edited by ROSS CALIFORNIA; 07-01-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

He was possibly the greatest villain of the sport.

When Mike Tyson came out of Prison he was just a nasty guy. And it was so good to watch. I feel sorry for everyone he missed the era of Mike Tyson.

Comment

Tyson during the rooney era was something to behold there may be some atg's I'd favor to defeat the Tyson that fought spinks/holmes but none that I'd favor strongly and none that wouldn't have to bleed to do it

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He was possibly the greatest villain of the sport.

When Mike Tyson came out of Prison he was just a nasty guy. And it was so good to watch. I feel sorry for everyone he missed the era of Mike Tyson.
                I remember the end of the Tyson era and seeing him fight Lennox Lewis when I was like 10 years old or something.

Never saw him fight on television in the 1990's though. Sucks lol.

My dad and his dad and there friends always used to shoot home and watch Tyson fight...I wish those days and the interest in boxing was like that now.

Comment

Mike Tyson is the Greatest
                  Mos definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    Tyson was the most exciting thing to EVER come into boxing. There is no fighter in Boxing or MMA history that knocked people out the way Tyson did. He was great until his mindset changed in 1988. The Spinks fight was him at his best and Kevin Rooney was the best trainer for Tyson's style. All people now days remember is the Tyson that was a raging idiot out of control, that's why he gets disrespected a lot. But, us that watched him from the beginning, know there's been nothing like him since and even before.

You know what sucks about this boxing history forum? There are too many posters that don't know shiiit about boxing history.
                    Actually, what really sucks is that many people's knowledge of boxing history is comprised of 95% Tyson and 5% everyone else.

Tyson was a good fighter, but there are dozens who are far greater and more enjoyable to watch.

If the average casual fan didn't KNOW so much about Tyson and knew more about other fighters, they'd make far fewer excuses for him. Fanboys can tell you what Tyson had for dinner the night before he fought Michael Spinks, but they don't recognize names like Nicolino Locche, Azumah Nelson, or Wilfredo Gomez.

I grew up in the 80s, and was probably the only kid on the playground who liked watching welterweights more than Tyson. I actually never saw a Tyson fight until I was a young adult.
                    Last edited by SBleeder; 07-01-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X