No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judah on Garcia-Matthysse: First Guy To Land May Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Judah on Garcia-Matthysse: First Guy To Land May Win

Former champion Zab Judah has faced both Danny Garcia (26-0, 16KOs) and Lucas Matthysse (34-2, 32KOs) in the ring. Judah, along with current IBF 147-pound champion Devon Alexander are the only two fighters to defeat Matthysse. Judah got off the deck in the tenth round to win a twelve round split decision over Matthysse in November of 2010. Judah lost a twelve round decision to Garcia in April of this year.

Later tonight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Matthysse will challenge Garcia for the WBC/WBA junior welterweight titles. [Click Here To Read More]

That's the way I see it, one guy catches the other guy early or cold and it could be over quickly. I hope it goes at least 6 rounds.

Comment

Judah acts like he kick the **** out of Matthysse. When nothing is farther from the thruth he got a gift in that one and if they fought again I doubt it would last more than 5 rounds.

I don't agree with this at all Matthysse can take Danny's punches while the same won't be true for Danny. This fight will be like Matthysse Soto, Danny will hang in there for a while but he'll be broken down and KTFO.

Comment

If Danny is not that skilled why did he beat you easy then and destroyed khan stop in Judah Danny is a great counter puncher he will time Lucas perfectly Lucas is too wild

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
          Judah acts like he kick the **** out of Matthysse. When nothing is farther from the thruth he got a gift in that one and if they fought again I doubt it would last more than 5 rounds.

I don't agree with this at all Matthysse can take Danny's punches while the same won't be true for Danny. This fight will be like Matthysse Soto, Danny will hang in there for a while but he'll be broken down and KTFO.
          Damn fam. You are always coming down on Danny Garcia. I thought you were down for all the PR fighters? Not that you have to be but I'm surprised. With that said. I still feel like Garcia is going to win.

Comment

Saying whoever lands the first big punch of this fight wins is over simplifying things.

Zab, who isn't known for his resilience, was able to go 12 rounds with both of em while taking some big shots

Comment

Problem is, Danny Garcia isn't the boxer Judah's talking about. He's more flat flooted if not just as flat footed as Mathysse

Comment

Peterson
                Dallas
                Ajose
                Soto
                Alexander
                Judah

Out of that group of names, the only one that has respectable power (at the elite level) is Judah; and his power bought him 8-9 rounds of respect despite Zab having the reputation that if you pressed him, he'd fold.

I want to see how Matthysse reacts when Garcia cranks a well-timed left hook on his jaw. He's going to be hurt if it does land... we're going to see how hurt and/or how good his poker face is.

Matthysse has superior power, but Garcia's timing and accuracy is better. People never learn... It's not about who has more, in this case, power, but which fighter is able to handle the others better. I think Danny's going to be able to reach his destination more often and he's going to be able to handle Lucas' power (especially if he's strong enough to push Matthysse back as he's been saying he's going to do) en route to a decision (possible early KO) in a FOTY candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  Damn fam. You are always coming down on Danny Garcia. I thought you were down for all the PR fighters? Not that you have to be but I'm surprised. With that said. I still feel like Garcia is going to win.
                  Not really I rooted for Danny in all of his previous fights.

Just because I'm puertorican doesn't mean I blindly follow all of the PR fighters. I just recognize that Danny is overmatched and that Matthysse is a much better fighter.

Comment

Judah: "First Guy To Land May Win"... This is sybillinic...
                    In their last fight, Matthysse and Peterson landed their left hooks simultaneously -- but only one guy went down.

Comment

Working...
                    X