Broner vs. Mathysse @ 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner vs. Mathysse @ 140

Who you got?

I'll take Mathysse by KO. Broner is a good fighter but he gets hit to much.

Until I see Broner against an opponet who is actually a danger to him, I'm going with Matthysse by TKO.

He's just too sound both defensively and offensively for me to think otherwise right now.

Comment

This thread.

Again?

Same prediction as the last thread: If Broner carries his strength and power he takes this fight over a LONG HARD fought decision.

Comment

Lucas crushes him and would knock Rees out in a single round straight after.

Comment

The mix of Defense and Offense makes Broner a tough fight for anyone at 140. A fight between the two of them would be huge but I would give the advantage to Broner.

Comment

I think Matthysse's style gives Broner huge problems, mainly because he is fundamentally sound (ie doesnt lung in/ leave big gaps to counter), and he isnt fussed if his punches land on target or on gloves because he knows that he will hurt whatever. I see Matthysse punching to Broners arms and shoulders and breaking him down in the early rounds, and as Broner slows his punches hitting the target more for either a late stoppage or at least very hairy moments for Broner in the last few rounds. I think Broner will have some success and will undoubtably catch Matts with good shots, but having not shown his power or durability at 140 (as opposed to Lucas) it is difficult to pick him in this one.

However Broner is still young and by the time he reaches 140 he could have shown us more of what hes about and opinions may change. But until then i got Matthysse.
            Last edited by Tom Cruise; 02-18-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
              The mix of Defense and Offense makes Broner a tough fight for anyone at 140. A fight between the two of them would be huge but I would give the advantage to Broner.
              @ Broner's defense being a problem for anyone at 140.

Don't get me wrong, he's not terribly flawed defensively, but he gets hit way too much for his fans to be hyping him up like some kind of defensive wizard as his fans seem to be doing.

His offense is A+

His defense is B-

Comment

I go with Lucas by KO

Comment

Whose defense doesn't look good when they have a slow ass guy half their size infront of them? He is pretty good offensively but his defense is not that great & I think his footwork is gash.

I am sure he probably is better defensively but when you've got guys like Rees and Eloy Perez in front of you, you can afford to throw defense out of the window.

Would rather see him fight Ajose, Khan, Soto, Guzman or somebody tbh
                  Lucas as of right now wrecks him.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    @ Broner's defense being a problem for anyone at 140.

Don't get me wrong, he's not terribly flawed defensively, but he gets hit way too much for his fans to be hyping him up like some kind of defensive wizard as his fans seem to be doing.

His offense is A+

His defense is B-
                    I think B- defence in "pro" boxing is damn good!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X