No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Yeah Yeah Yeah. Guerrero. Accomplished what only Henry Armstrong, Roberto Duran and Roy Jones Jr. did. 6 time world champion in 4 weight divisions. 2012 fighter of the year. I get it.

Congratulations. Everybody's convinced now.

Make the fight happen and get it over with so we can see Floyd in the ring with an actual threat.
    dont hold your breath boss playa, thats when he will retire again.

Comment

Guerrero VS Floyd is a good fight, just not a PPV fight. Anyone who would pay for this would be an idiot like those paying for PacVSMarquez especially with the weak undercard....

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        If no Pac this makes sense. Canelo could potently be a much bigger fight if Canelo beats Cotto.

So fight RG while Canelo and Cotto and make that fight.

Not a lot of options beyond Robert. Don't care for a Alexander fight its too early for Brook, Timmy's with Top Rank. Anybody else?
        The only thing you're forgetting is Mayweather won't fight Canelo. I'm willing to put my account on this.

If Mayweather fights Guerrero in 2013. He won't fight 'til 2014. He will be pretty past it by then. I'm sure he could fight the Guerrero's up until he's 40 years old but he isn't going to fight a Prime Canelo at 154lb and win.

Mayweathers only chance to beat Canelo is if he fights him in 2013. I'm sure Floyd knows this as well. He will most likely fight Pacquaio in 2014, both will retire.

Comment

Canelo is a lot better than Robert and has a better shot against Floyd. I would love to see Robert pull those cheap moves against Floyd and get flattened like Victor Ortiz lol.

Comment

They can try to sell it all they want but i ain't buyin. Its a no win fight. Guerro isn't going to bring many fans and he's not on floyd's level. Its a no win, most of all for the fans.

Comment

I have no problem with this fight happening just not on May 5th. I hope they make this fight like in April or something. I want to see Canelo vs Cotto on May 5th.

Comment

For all the Naysayers May 5th makes a whole lot of sense..put guerrero on the main card with Floyd, Canelo vs Cotto on the undercard and the winner of the undercard faces floyd next...all parties get what they want..all parties get a massive payday..the only problem here is I don't know if getting into the ring with Guerrero after so much time away from the ring and at 35 is a smart move for floyd..i'm not making assumptions on winners or losers..just saying..Guerrero's confidence is ultra high right now and he's in actual fight form..i'm not talking about gym form like would be the case for floyd..i mean that form where you tune out being hit on..that's a whole other mental element fighters prepare for..

Comment

This is a fight I can miss without any regrets. I'll just wait for it on Youtube.

I'll pay for Canelo, not Guerrero at this point. Canelo may have been fighting bums, but whose fault is that? GBP. He agreed to fight P.Will, then Kirkland. You know what happened. He's been fighting bums, but at least he really make them look like bums. Unlike others. They look like champions.

Comment

I like the optimisim but there is ZERO chance Canelo-Cotto is the undercard for this fight. ZERO. Why in the world would any of them, GB, Mayweather promotions, or Cotto promotions possibly want to do that when Canelo-Cotto can bring in at minimum of 500k PPV and pack a whole other arena on it's own? Not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      The Ghost is going to bust Floyd up
                      No wonder you have a betting record of 274-152 only, according to your own posted stats.

P34c3

Comment

Working...
                      X