Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If ortiz got up, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
    The punch was legal, but it was a sucker punch. Don't walk in pretending like you're going to hug then throw a combo, not when people paid money to watch you. Either way, not the point.

If ortiz gets up there, we'd be talking about how "Ortiz intentially headbutt him, then he came back and clocked Ortiz... etc etc"

It'd have been good fun/drama, and a little dirty play, but because ortiz got KO'd and it ended the fight, i think the paying consumer is a little butt-hurt

I know i am
    Floyd didn't have his arms wrapped around Ortiz trying to hug him, his arms were in the guard position

Did floyd take advantage of Ortiz's overzealous apologetic (whether it was a real apology or just him trying to save face) reaction? **** yes he did, and I would've done the same thing, **** that intentional headbutt ****!

a ****ing point deduction, i don't have to accept that ****! a point deduction doesn't bust your face up and potentially rob you of winning a fight!

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
      The punch was legal, but it was a sucker punch. Don't walk in pretending like you're going to hug then throw a combo, not when people paid money to watch you. Either way, not the point.

If ortiz gets up there, we'd be talking about how "Ortiz intentially headbutt him, then he came back and clocked Ortiz... etc etc"

It'd have been good fun/drama, and a little dirty play, but because ortiz got KO'd and it ended the fight, i think the paying consumer is a little butt-hurt

I know i am
      i somewhat agree with your post bro, probably wont be that big an issue or an issue at all, just like when floyd did this to Mosley and Gatti...

Comment

floyds gloves were on ortiz's chest the entire time before he threw the 1-2. apparently, walking in with your guard up is "initiating a hug."

Comment

I agree with your first couple of points, but are you asking him not to get KO'd by that combo? Those shots where bad. Or is this just a what if he wasn't hurt that badly or had a better chin type thing?

Comment

Can't believe people can sit there, watch that and say Floyd didn't engage in the hug. Give up people! He nods his head to Victor with his arms out, goes right in there and hugs, then immediatley pulls back and socks Ortiz to Kingdom come. It was within the rules as poorly as they were being enforced, but don't act like he didn't pull a fast one on Ortiz.

Comment

He dropped Gatti the same way at the end of the first round. Gatti got up. Everyone at HBO defended Floyd and blamed Gatti for not protecting himself. Difference is, Ortiz gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                He dropped Gatti the same way at the end of the first round. Gatti got up. Everyone at HBO defended Floyd and blamed Gatti for not protecting himself. Difference is, Ortiz gave up.
                or Ortiz just dont have the same chin as gatti, thinking about it Mosley got hit with similar shot but that as well was a non issue, probably Ortiz's Chin is shaky at best...

Comment

Roy would tell it like it is. Just like he did when Floyd fought against Gatti. He's not bound by politics nor its correctness.

Replace Merchant and get Roy in there instead.

Max, Roy, Steward. That's the team.

Comment

People talking s**t saying Ortiz could've gotten up. Geuine KO. I'd like to see you people get hit with those flush shots and get up by 10.

Comment

I'm not saying that i think ortiz didn't get up on purpose. I'm saying that had he been able to get up, the commentary would be different. We'd be praising floyd for avenging the headbutt.

Comment

Working...
                      X