Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams isn't done as an elite fighter, his problem is......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is man. He's lil JT.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      Williams problems are mistakes that can easily be corrected.....and I mean easily corrected.

Paul just can't see what he is doing wrong (it happens to a lot of fighters) and it's the trainers job to point out those mistakes.

Most people think it has to be something radical like fighting on the outside and pumping his jab, but its subtle things such as his hand placement coming inside or leaning in while trying to throw hooks are a few of the things that has him constantly getting hit by those same punches.
      good post. i didnt see a shot fighter in there. he could pull the trigger. thing is he was totally lost. wtf is wrong with his trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
        williams not shot his style has been exposed and his dumbass wont do everything to help change it

martinez is going to ko him again
        yeah, and that's really the point I was trying to make.

There have been a ton of elite fighters who's trainers had to make adjustments in their style in order to not continue to suffer losses.

Manny Pacquiao, Lennox Lewis, Marco Antonio Barrera, Wladimir Klitschko, Juan Manuel Marquez, and the list goes on and on. All of those guys had trainers step in and help them make the proper adjustments to allow them to compete at the elite level.

For Mr. Peterson to have the mentality, "well he has fought this way all the way to this point, why change now"....is ****ing pathetic and disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
          He is man. He's lil JT.

There is a difference between lost/confused vs shot to ****.

No offense, but Jermaine chin went to **** and from that point it was a wrap. Williams chin looked pretty solid in there to me, and I just saw a guy who didn't know what to do different to change what was happening in the ring. That falls 100% on the trainer.

Comment

Needs to hire Manny Steward and campaign exclusively at 154 or 160.

Comment

his like Cotto all the tools are still their but he is damaged for good from the 1st Martinez fight IMO

Comment

Williams needs a new trainer if he still wants to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  There is a difference between lost/confused vs shot to ****.

No offense, but Jermaine chin went to **** and from that point it was a wrap. Williams chin looked pretty solid in there to me, and I just saw a guy who didn't know what to do different to change what was happening in the ring. That falls 100% on the trainer.
                  Of course I'm overreacting and I don't think that he is totally shot. I but think he's done on the elite level against guys that can really crack at 54 or higher. No way he survives against a bigger puncher. And, I blame him AND his trainer. They flat out said they weren't going to change ANYTHING and it showed, and he lost, clearly. Sucks for that kid Lara. And I feel the same way about Lucas and Kotelnik when they "lost" to Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                    Pwill has NEVER been an elite fighter...
                    This. He doesn't know how to slip, block, or roll with a punch and to make things worse fights with his hands at his waist with his chin out. He has no sense of range or timing and terrible balance. He was getting out jabbed by Lara who looked like an infant next to him.

Williams has heart and freakish height, reach, and conditioning but is and always has been a garbage fighter. Quintana, Martinez, and Lara have all beat him the exact same way and Paul and his trainer are simply to unintelligent to even know why this is, they almost seem proud of the fact that he fights the exact same way and is not only uncapable but unwilling to attempt making any.
                    Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-10-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Are you ****ing serious? He might not be in his primeaa anymore but if you want to come in here and act like he didnt fight his off then **** that bro. Straight up thats ho shyt.
                      Naw man williams is weak

Comment

Working...
                      X