Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[EXCLUSIVE] DiBella Drops Jermaine Taylor!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EXCLUSIVE] DiBella Drops Jermaine Taylor!

Dibella Drops Taylor

When Jermain Taylor was starched cold from a right hand from Arthur Abraham on October 17th at the O2 Arena in Berlin, Germany, it marked the third time that the Arkansas fighter had been brutally stopped in his career. The instant everyone got a sight of the former Middleweight champion lying on his back many began whispering that it was time for him to call it a day and remove himself from the ‘Super Six’ tournament that he was participating in.

Taylor would insist that he would fight on however and he is next lined up for an April clash with newly crowned WBA Super Middleweight champion Andre Ward in Stage 2 of the tournament. Taylor’s insistence to fight on is admirable but it has also lead his promoter Lou Dibella to issue the following statement that he will be dropping Taylor from his stable of fighters.

“I have just been informed though numerous press reports that Jermain Taylor has elected to continue his participation in The Super Six: World Boxing Classic tournament, and will face Andre Ward in April. It is with a heavy heart, but strong conviction, that I will recuse myself and DiBella Entertainment as Jermain’s promoter.

“Jermain’s career has been outstanding, and it has been a pleasure and honor to promote him. His victories against Bernard Hopkins remain the highlights of my career as a promoter. Jermain is not only a great fighter, but a good and decent man with a wonderful family. It is out of genuine concern for him and his family that I am compelled to make this decision.

“I informed him, as I do all my contracted fighters, that my goal was to help his secure financial stability for his family, maximize his potential, and leave our unforgiving sport with his health intact.

“It is my belief that the continuation of Jermain’s career as an active fighter places him at unnecessary risk. While he is undoubtedly capable of prevailing in future bouts, I cannot, in conscience, remain involved given my assessment of such risk.

“I wish Jermain all the best in his future endeavors. All of us at DiBella Entertainment hold Jermain close to our hearts and consider him and his family part of our family. We wish him Godspeed and continued health.”

One can only imagine what is going through Taylor’s head at the moment. The victim of back to back heartbreaking defeats, Taylor now has lost one of the most important figures in his career. We can only hope that he can somehow muster the mental strength to keep pressing forward despite the recent news.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2...erson-and-more

Promoters are all heartless snakes

Comment

I dont feel sorry for Taylor........

Its over..Retire he has a wife and kids........

Comment

He's rich and should retire now with his health intact. He doesn't have to prove his bravery or any other such bull****, just retire and ejoy a great life with the wife and kids.

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner View Post
          I dont feel sorry for Taylor........

Its over..Retire he has a wife and kids........
          Can he really afford to retire tho?

Comment

Damn again ....wow ...i remember watching Taylor for the first time ...i dont remember what fight it was ..but he was in his corner ..and his trainer said "FINISH HIM" ...the round started and he won by TKO in the same round ....he was once a beast but now hes done ....he shouldnt pull a Roy Jones....

Comment

Taylor has all the skills but he's never been the same since the first Pavlik fight. He should retire and count his millions.

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
                Taylor has all the skills but he's never been the same since the first Pavlik fight. He should retire and count his millions.
                I dont think he will have enough money to keep him going for the rest of his life

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
                  He's a millionaire? You know this for a fact?

Thing is, more boxers than you know end up destitute due to lavish lifestyles, poor money management, and shady promoters.

Is Taylor one of such?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    He's a millionaire? You know this for a fact?

Thing is, more boxers than you know end up destitute due to lavish lifestyles, poor money management, and shady promoters.

Is Taylor one of such?
                    Are you kidding he fought Pavlik and Hopkins twice? If he aint a millionaire then something's wrong!

Comment

Working...
                    X