No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Kovalev Blitzed Campillo With Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Kovalev Blitzed Campillo With Power

Sergei Kovalev blitzed Gabriel Campillo from the opening bell, landing 24 of 90 punches in round one and 30 of 83 in round two before ending the fight in round three. Kovalev had a 55-4 edge in power shots landed. [Click Here To Read More]

I expected much more out of Campillo but I guess Kovalev staying on top of him never giving him any room made it hard for him to get his jab going and get some distance.

Comment

You have to be pretty good to beat Campillo that badly.

Comment

I think Campillo underestimated Kovalev, who has very fast handspeed and throws in combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I think Campillo underestimated Kovalev, who has very fast handspeed and throws in combinations.
          He seemed shell shocked like he had no idea how to get anything started against Kovalev, I'm very surprised at the result considering how good he looked against Cloud and Shumenov.

Comment

feels good to have another real player at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              He certainly did. Big mistake too, this is one guy that should be taken seriously

Comment

Apparently he had problems in his training camp but still, I didn't expect him to throw so few punches. I think he didn't wanna get dropped early like he did against Cloud so his gameplan was probably to feel out Kovalev for the first 3 rounds and then start letting his hands go. Unfortunately for him, Kovalev had other plans. I feel bad for Campillo, without the robberies he would be a very high profile fighter and he would have gotten a big payday against Hopkins or Dawson, against whom he would have been very competitive.

Comment

Working...
                X