No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez’s One-Shot Finish Worthy of Silver Screen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BS_Blogger View Post
    The author shows biased reporting. His article is full of "I"'s it makes you feel like he wants to impart HIS personal feelings to the reader. Yes, he's a Marquez fan, or a Pacquiao hater, or even an Arum hater, but he failed to see that Marquez was being pummeled around the ring and bloodied, it's only a matter of a few rounds before he himself hits the deck but as Pacquiao turned it on upon hearing the 10-second mark, he relaxed thinking the bell would ring, and Marquez took advantage of this opportunity to throw the kitchen sink on him. He lost out of carelessness, and Marquez won out of his intelligence. I wonder how Marquez would have fared 2 years ago against Margarito, Cotto, Dela Hoya, Hatton and even Clottey, I bet he would have been KO'd by most of them and not come up with a single win. His triumph over Casamayor, Ramos, Katsidis are not worth remembering as classics.
    It's a column, sir. I'm a columnist for this site, not a reporter. So the writer - in this case, me - is entitled to load it with as much opinion as he/she chooses. Nowhere is it branded as anything other than one person's viewpoint. You can agree or disagree with the opinions as you see fit, but try to at least understand what you're reading before you characterize someone as biased. I have an opinion, just like you.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      I wish Marquez's LIbra x Libra documentary was being shown in the U.S.

Chavez sr: "It's Juan Manuel's era, I wouldn't have wanted to fight a fighter like Juan Manuel Marquez"
      It's more like "It's Juan Manuel's era, I wouldn't have liked having to fight a fighter like Juan Manuel Marquez"

Nice clip. I'll be looking forward to watching this.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        Speaking of quotes, my new favourite boxing quote was born from Roy Jones Jr. last weekend:

"He not gettin' up, Jim!

HE'S NOT GETTIN' UP, JIM!!!"

That's my new classic line right there. From now on, anytime someone gets brutally KO'ed, I'm saying that out loud. :laff2:
        lol yea and right when pac got rocked jones yelled out OOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!! lol!! ill never forget that moment, something we all will remember for many years to come

Comment

FIRST OFF that punch is an UGLY PUNCH, or would be considered by most boxing "affectionados" who are actually backwards. It was an overhand right, not a straight right as Jim Lampley and many other "boxing experts" tend to call it. In many instances it's called a "haymaker" by most and a bad punch to throw, though boxers have started to us it because of MMA and fighters like Chuck Liddell and others who actually EVOLVE fighting. It is used with lots of success in MMA and boxers took note like Sergio Martinez vs Williams, Pacquiao vs Hatton, and Marquez Pacquiao. The truth is 99% of boxing gyms and trainers WILL NOT train you in overhands because the "old mentality" is it is a haymaker wild punch, when that is utter bs. Being a fighter myself I feel it generates 2X or more damage than a straight right and THAT is why it is a career ender in most cases when someone gets hit and knocked out.

Second, I think ANYONE who hopes for the downfall of a boxer ISN'T a real LOVER and FAN of boxing. If you had ANY REAL experience with boxing you know the HEART and dedication it takes win or lose in a match. Yes, we do have our favorites but in the end they should ALL be respected because they have 100X BIGGER BALLS than the average person.

THEY ARE ABOVE US. You sit on your chair and type and that is NOTHING compared to the training they do. THEY ARE FIGHTERS WE ARE SPECTATORS. If you are Mexican YOU ARE NOT MARQUEZ. If you are Filipino YOU ARE NOT PACQUIAO. Don't get me wrong I see the historical implications and social implications that are positive in having an Asian seen in a good light for once rather than none at all. It is VERY similar though not blown up to be like Jackie Robinson. The same for mexican and most minorities besides blacks who always complain they aren't represented in pop culture yet most movies are all black and white actors nowadays and no one else represented.

Anyways props to ALL FIGHTERS and to the keyboard warriors who think they "identify" with those fighters just because of their skin color and NOT because what they do ie running, weight training, sparring, mitts, finding gyms for more of the same, buying equipment, etc. STFU
          Last edited by hardboiled777; 12-11-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BS_Blogger View Post
            The author shows biased reporting. His article is full of "I"'s it makes you feel like he wants to impart HIS personal feelings to the reader. Yes, he's a Marquez fan, or a Pacquiao hater, or even an Arum hater, but he failed to see that Marquez was being pummeled around the ring and bloodied, it's only a matter of a few rounds before he himself hits the deck but as Pacquiao turned it on upon hearing the 10-second mark, he relaxed thinking the bell would ring, and Marquez took advantage of this opportunity to throw the kitchen sink on him. He lost out of carelessness, and Marquez won out of his intelligence. I wonder how Marquez would have fared 2 years ago against Margarito, Cotto, Dela Hoya, Hatton and even Clottey, I bet he would have been KO'd by most of them and not come up with a single win. His triumph over Casamayor, Ramos, Katsidis are not worth remembering as classics.
            Stop crying b1tch.

Hey, has Manny woken up yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by hardboiled777 View Post
              FIRST OFF that punch is an UGLY PUNCH, or would be considered by most boxing "affectionados" who are actually backwards. It was an overhand right, not a straight right as Jim Lampley and many other "boxing experts" tend to call it. In many instances it's called a "haymaker" by most and a bad punch to throw, though boxers have started to us it because of MMA and fighters like Chuck Liddell and others who actually EVOLVE fighting. It is used with lots of success in MMA and boxers took note like Sergio Martinez vs Williams, Pacquiao vs Hatton, and Marquez Pacquiao. The truth is 99% of boxing gyms and trainers WILL NOT train you in overhands because the "old mentality" is it is a haymaker wild punch, when that is utter bs. Being a fighter myself I feel it generates 2X or more damage than a straight right and THAT is why it is a career ender in most cases when someone gets hit and knocked out.

Second, I think ANYONE who hopes for the downfall of a boxer ISN'T a real LOVER and FAN of boxing. If you had ANY REAL experience with boxing you know the HEART and dedication it takes win or lose in a match. Yes, we do have our favorites but in the end they should ALL be respected because they have 100X BIGGER BALLS than the average person.

THEY ARE ABOVE US. You sit on your chair and type and that is NOTHING compared to the training they do. THEY ARE FIGHTERS WE ARE SPECTATORS. If you are Mexican YOU ARE NOT MARQUEZ. If you are Filipino YOU ARE NOT PACQUIAO. Don't get me wrong I see the historical implications and social implications that are positive in having an Asian seen in a good light for once rather than none at all. It is VERY similar though not blown up to be like Jackie Robinson. The same for mexican and most minorities besides blacks who always complain they aren't represented in pop culture yet most movies are all black and white actors nowadays and no one else represented.

Anyways props to ALL FIGHTERS and to the keyboard warriors who think they "identify" with those fighters just because of their skin color and NOT because what they do ie running, weight training, sparring, mitts, finding gyms for more of the same, buying equipment, etc. STFU

While I agree with most of what you said, those overhand
              rights are nothing new to the world of boxing. Nothing new to
              it all and it was happening before Chuck Liddell was even
              born.

To say that boxers are incorporating it into their offense because
              of MMA is just ****ING ridiculous. Just because you do not
              necessarily train to throw it does not mean you will not as long
              as it used to properly bypass the opponents defense.

Come the **** on man.

Comment

Marquez deserved the win after the draw and 2 losses

If marquez wins the first Paq fight the world probably never sees the 8 titles from manny. Marquez got screwed in all 3 fights.

Comment

This was a great a fight featuring once great fighters. Honesty compels me to confess I am a Marquez fan but Pac is as bad ass as it gets. I preferred the first 3 fights for no other reason than I thought both fighters were better then. I thought Marquez won number 3 and number 1 was a just draw. I viewed this fight as a true rubber match. I Hope they both retire, because we have seen their best. Anyone who watched any of the previous 3 and thought Marquez improved is seriously deluded. Pac Slipped and Marquez got relatively stronger. Pac was busting him up, Marquez had the power to stop him with a counter this time. Reminds me of Fraizer/Ali . Why can't we just enjoy the fact that two great fighters fought, they tested each other in every way humanly possible and they were equals. Neither has a damn thing to prove to a bunch of couch dwellers like us.

Comment

Originally posted by petuff View Post
                    he learn tha"t punch from danny garcia
                    shut the f**k up !! If anything, he learned it from him...garcia aint ****...rios would tear his booty up !!

Comment

Originally posted by hardboiled777 View Post

Nope, sorry brotha but it was a straight right hand down the pipe. An overhand right is the one that knocked him down the first time in the third round. Now, if you see the difference is that the overhand right loops from the top as to where the straight right hand comes from just about shoulder high. But in all, good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X