• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn u manny

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
      (9-22-2006) Arum at first:
      Arum admitted he wanted to promote Pacquiao in a fight in Macau, win or lose against Morales.

"If he signed with Golden Boy, that's part of the business," he said. "I don't give a [expletive]. I really don't care. We have enough on our plate to occupy us. It would have been nice to promote Manny but if we can't, we can't. Life goes on."

According to sources, Pacquiao wants to keep the signing quiet because he doesn't want to upset Top Rank, which he believes will stack the deck against him in his rubber match with Morales.

Top Rank president Todd duBoef said that is ridiculous.

"We had conversations with Manny Pacquiao about signing him, but our conversations were primarily about this fight with Morales," he said. "If he wants to sign with Golden Boy, good for him. How does it effect the Morales-Pacquiao fight? It doesn't. They had come to us about working with Manny in the future. If he signed with Golden Boy, good for him. Congratulations."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=5615
      http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2599109

(9-26-2006) Arum backtracking a few days later, after his lawyers had time to find some fine print in the contract that he could use in court to make a claim on Pac's promo rights:
      But, Bob Arum is not done yet. Arum tells Rafael that by signing a contract with De La Hoya, Pacquiao is in violation of his contract agreement for the November 18 trilogy bout with Erik Morales. It appears that there was language in the contract that forbid Pacquiao from signing with any promoter before the bout.

"If he signed with Golden Boy, it violates the contract we have with Manny for this fight," Arum said. "I have a specific provision against it. It says you can't sign until after this fight with any other promoter. It's specific and says it clearly. Golden Boy has torturously interfered with our contract. Under the specific language of the contract, they had to wait until after the fight was over to sign. I'm not going to let it slide."

Arum is going to let his lawyers do the talk said that he will not allow De La Hoya or his company to be involved in any form with the promotion of Pacquiao-Morales 3.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=5637

I blame Pac, for not being a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Rafael View Post
        But Pacquiao deserves the blame because he is the one who signed with two companies at the same time. When he took De La Hoya's bag of cash, he apparently forgot that he had just recently signed with Top Rank.
        I expect better than this from a national sports reporter.

Dan himself reported that Pac had not signed over his promo rights to Top Rank at the time, he was only signed on for the 3rd EM fight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2599109
        The fight with Morales is being promoted by Bob Arum's Top Rank, the bitter rival of Golden Boy. Arum promoted the first two Morales-Pacquiao fights, and Pacquiao was expected to sign with Arum after the trilogy, especially given Arum's relationship with Pacquiao confidant Wakee Salud.

WTF? LOL how the **** do you write something in direct contradiction to someting written earlier by....yourself? LOL

Comment

I think the recent Golden Boy scam is just to cover up for their Floyd`s mess and change the negative attention from their boy. The timing is very suspicious.

They knew beforehand they hadn`t a legal chance in filing such nonsense, because all demands would just be the net of taxes, and in the end GBP would be clutching at straws.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
            Oh STFU u f@ggot. Even after that mess GBP and TR still worked together in harmony. here is the List of big fights that happened without any trouble between the two companies.

Cotto-Mosley
            Mosley-Margarito
            Pacquiao-Hatton
            Pacquiao-Oscar De la Hoya(The ****in boss himself)

i wonder why those fights happened? but when it comes to that other guy it all gets complicated.

ts still dumb as fuk i see...

Comment

When are people going to realise DR is a fat cheeto eating attention whore??

He's out of stuff to write about Mayweather and now needs to move on to the next target that will up his readership and notoriety.....that's Pac.

Don't pay attention to this fat idiot.....he may be an "insider" but he truly knows fuk all about the sport of boxing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                Pacquiao's idiotic move ...
                dan rafael is *****. why he call manny idiot.

manny is congressman.

Comment

Working...
                X