Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fres Oquendo vs. Danny Williams on March 8 in Moscow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fres Oquendo vs. Danny Williams on March 8 in Moscow?

According to promoter Vladimir Hyrunov, there is the possiblilty of a heavyweight battle between between veterans Fres Oquendo and Danny Williams on March 8th in Moscow, Russia. Hyrunov is putting together the fights and finalizing the details of the show. Oquendo (35-7, 23KOs) has won his last three after suffering back to back defeats. Williams' career has been in shambles for several years. Williams (44-15, 33KOs) has lost his last five and six of his last seven. In his last ring appearance, he suffered a shocking decision loss to journeyman Werner Kreiskott (12-19).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    According to promoter Vladimir Hyrunov, there is the possiblilty of a heavyweight battle between between veterans Fres Oquendo and Danny Williams on March 8th in Moscow, Russia. Hyrunov is putting together the fights and finalizing the details of the show. Oquendo (35-7, 23KOs) has won his last three after suffering back to back defeats. Williams' career has been in shambles for several years. Williams (44-15, 33KOs) has lost his last five and six of his last seven. In his last ring appearance, he suffered a shocking decision loss to journeyman Werner Kreiskott (12-19).
    [Click Here To Read More]
    This fight would be a disgrace even for Oquendo. Williams has been refused a licence to box by the BBBofC for years now. He went to Finland or Estonia or somewhere where there is little or no supervision. He must be in a terrible state by now.

Perhaps it's just a rumour.....

Comment

williams former trainer left him long time ago and I have no idea who's putting in his gum shield these days. Danny doesnt even train and can take a fight on 1 day notice, its HW so he is free to eat as he like in between the fights.
      He's going down from punches that doesnt even hit him, thats how bad it is.
      he lost 15 fights and his record is now similar to a journey man, bad for someone who KO Tyson 10 years ago

Comment

i'd rather this than Williams fight contenders tbh, i hear they were lining him up for David Price

Comment

I guess Hrunov is making a final eliminator between the two journeymen for a fight against Povetkin, while Klitschko is making a voluntary defense.

Comment

Moscow State Circus

Comment

oquendo has still got something in the tank while williams is shot. he is "owen beck" shot. if they wanted to bring oquendo to russia why don't they have him fight oleg maskaev? have the card showcasing a couple young russian fighters, maskaev\oquendo headlining with danny williams vs owen beck on the undercard...

Comment

Sad about Williams, a few years back he admitted his punch resistance was gone - A direct quoute - yet still around...a ring death waiting to happen...and if its true that they are considering him for Price, Price and his team should be ashamed of themselves...hopefully it isnt

Comment

Talk about news, I didn't think either of them were still fighting...

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                    williams former trainer left him long time ago and I have no idea who's putting in his gum shield these days. Danny doesnt even train and can take a fight on 1 day notice, its HW so he is free to eat as he like in between the fights.
                    He's going down from punches that doesnt even hit him, thats how bad it is.
                    he lost 15 fights and his record is now similar to a journey man, bad for someone who KO Tyson 10 years ago
                    His KO of Tyson was sheer fluke, Tyson tore the cartilage of his left knee (or right, can't recall) just as he had Williams in a corner to finish him off. He fought at least two rounds on one leg.

Comment

Working...
                    X