Worst home-COUNTRY robberies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea germany is pretty bad

Comment

Sturm Geale was not made by Sauerland. I never said Germany, just that particular promotional company. Sauerland have event all over the europe, lots of it in Denmark, Austria etc. Chisora Helenius, Hernandez Ross, this bs stoppage in Gerber Sprott fight, every event have on of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Yea germany is pretty bad
        Germany isn't half as bad as it was 5-10 years ago. When was the last "robbery" decision that they had there?

Look at Sturm-Geale. Felix Sturm is a beloved German home fighter and he lost a very close fight that could have gone in his favor. If Germany is so bad why didn't he get the decision?

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
          Sturm Geale was not made by Sauerland. I never said Germany, just that particular promotional company. Sauerland have event all over the europe, lots of it in Denmark, Austria etc. Chisora Helenius, Hernandez Ross, this bs stoppage in Gerber Sprott fight, every event have on of those.
          Haye-Valuev, Cunnigham-Huck. What do you think of them?

Comment

didnt see Cunningham Huck, Valuev - Haye could go either way, i dont think Valuev mixed well with German fan base and robbery was so obvious in his fight with Evander so there u go. Other think was that Sauerland sign Povetkin as their major heavyweight around that time i believe, but i might be wrong on that. Just like they let go of Cunningham recently, didnt fit well with german fan base. They did everything they could to get Hernandez a win in that first fight.

Klit brother fights mostly in germany as well, no controversy on their events(speaking of undercards of course, Klitckos are so dominant that there cant be any controversy)

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
              didnt see Cunningham Huck, Valuev - Haye could go either way, i dont think Valuev mixed well with German fan base and robbery was so obvious in his fight with Evander so there u go. Other think was that Sauerland sign Povetkin as their major heavyweight around that time i believe, but i might be wrong on that. Just like they let go of Cunningham recently, didnt fit well with german fan base.

Klit brother fights mostly in germany as well, no controversy on their events(speaking of undercards of course, Klitckos are so dominant that there cant be any controversy)
              Cunningham KO'd Huck so I'm not sure how much bad judging or reffing help him...

Comment

I said i didnt see that fight so im not commenting on it whats your point? I was talking abou Cunningham Hernandez u are able of reading with understanding right?(even with my semi readable english)

Comment

As posted earlier, the worst is Coggi-Gonzalez 1.

The most outrageous robbery ever.

What is worse than legitimately stopping a guy or winning by DQ THREE times in a round and you are still not awarded the win?

Comment

Campillo vs Cloud and Rios vs Abril were disgusting.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Reid was repeatedly deducted points for nonexistent fouls and was at one point warned by ref for punching Ottke in the face (that's not a lie, watch the fight, its that outrageous).
                    I think the ref warned after an open-handed shot.

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Haye-Valuev, Cunnigham-Huck. What do you think of them?
                    Cunningham didn't leave it in the judges hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      No it isnt.

sure it is, man.

ask around if you don't believe me. it's notorious for poor decisions and officiating, going back to sven ottke. if theres's an earlier reference that somebody would like to point out i'd be happy to hear it. ottke got the ball rolling on germany's rep, at least in my book.

you can get away with stuff like that when you keep your guys/scene local. they've got more "one sided" type events over there. we generally ask for our top earners to fight world level opponents, whereas germans will accept a lesser tier opponent, and enjoy the hell out of it

i think it's actually getting much better as boxing over there strengthens.

hernandez and ross is a good recent example of a robbery. granted, i have only seen the fight once and it was on a stream, but hernandez was rocking around the ring and pretty badly hurt. one of the judges had it 116-112, which was a total joke.
                      Last edited by New England; 11-02-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X