Under Armour Signs Boxing Champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Armour Signs Boxing Champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

words // Brennan Hiro Williams

Under Armour announced the signing of Mexican World Champion boxer Saúl Álvarez to a multi-year endorsement contract today, adding "Canelo" to their growing roster of elite young athletes. The 21-year-old star fighter will wear Under Armour trunks and boots in the ring for his May 5 showdown with "Sugar" Shane Mosley.

At 39-0-1, "Canelo" has quickly ascended to the top of the Junior Middleweight ranks. “Everyday I focus on getting better and Under Armour is the perfect partner to help me improve my training and performances,” explained Alvarez. "I look forward to the advantages Under Armour products will provide and working with the brand to help motivate athletes in Mexico, and across the world, to reach their full potential.”

"Canelo" will be featured in Under Armour's Latin American marketing initiatives this year, kicking off with his Cinco de Mayo fight against Mosley. “Our desire to partner with Canelo grew from seeing his unrelenting commitment to training,” said Matt Mirchin, Under Armour's Senior Vice President, Global Sports Marketing. “He is a special fighter and together we’ll have a huge impact on making young athletes in Latin America and beyond realize what it takes to perform your best.”

Álvarez joins a UA roster including names such as Michael Phelps, Cam Newton, Jose Reyes, Buster Posey, Brandon Jennings and Georges St-Pierre.

http://solecollector.com/news/under-...anelo-alvarez/

Good for him, I wouldn't be suprised to see him in commercials here either especially after the Mosley fight should he look good.

Comment

war canelo

Comment

Good for him. Make that extra cash without throwing a punch while you can.

Comment

Interesting.

Nice to see UA sign a boxer.

Comment

Congrats To Canelo! If it works out then it could open the door for other fighters in the future to get a deal so...Good For Him!
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

awesome find man nice to see Canelo making some good cash aside from his purses

Comment

Originally posted by -FLIP- View Post
                Interesting.

Nice to see UA sign a boxer.

I think theyre also working with morales

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  war canelo
                  HEHEHE....... how much more popular can canelo get

Comment

Guerra Cinnamon

Comment