Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post videos of good heavyweights beating the crap out of each other:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holyfield had one of the most ****ing amazing chins and heart in boxing history. Proven time and again against the highest level of heavy handed, savage punchers in history. No bull**** or exaggeration.

You cant watch the first Bowe fight and not get CHILLS running through your spine at the display of fortitude and guts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hands of Iron View Post
      Holyfield had one of the most ****ing amazing chins and heart in boxing history. Proven time and again against the highest level of heavy handed, savage punchers in history. No bull**** or exaggeration.

You cant watch the first Bowe fight and not get CHILLS running through your spine at the display of fortitude and guts.
      It just doesn't feel possible that he took that uppercut and the beating that followed, never went down, and came back to have Bowe hurt. It's superhuman stuff.

Comment

Not to derail the thread or anything, but the fact that guys like Marvin Hagler get kudos as having a better chin than Holyfield in any sense is a joke of the highest order. POUND FOR POUND????? Hagler fought nothing but men of equal size. The two biggest punchers he faced were both moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          It just doesn't feel possible that he took that uppercut and the beating that followed, never went down, and came back to have Bowe hurt. It's superhuman stuff.
          That uppercut is about the moment Tyson was KTFO by a much lesser puncher in James Douglas. Even the same round.

Comment

Not to derail the thread or anything, but the fact that guys like Marvin Hagler get kudos as having a better chin than Holyfield in any sense is a joke of the highest order. POUND FOR POUND????? Hagler fought nothing but men of equal size. The two biggest punchers he faced were both moving up.
            Now now, Hagler's chin is not in dispute. It's certainly not a joke to think it's as good or a better chin than Holyfield.

Comment

Now now, Hagler's chin is not in dispute. It's certainly not a joke to think it's as good or a better chin than Holyfield.
              Admittedly a little over the top. At 160lbs, absolutely not in dispute. In terms of blunt power, Holyfield's could obviously withstand more, just as Thomas Hearns hit a lot harder than say, Wilfredo Gomez.

Pound-for-Pound is a largely imaginary scale and open for interpretation. Size matters. When talking about fighters with tihe ability of Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, it gets taken to an entirely different level. Is there a group of superheavyweights superior to this one? Now consider Holyfield was yielding an easy 20-25 lbs to both Bowe and Lewis (whom he fought five times combined) and was physically ailing in the third Bowe fight; against Foreman, he was outgunned by no less than 50 lbs. Who did Hagler fight possessed equivalent punching ability and outweighed him by remotely similar margins?

Then there's the more equal playing field group such as Tyson who was a huge favorite going into the first fight and others Cooper, Moorer, Mercer.

Comment

Admittedly a little over the top. At 160lbs, absolutely not in dispute. In terms of blunt power, Holyfield's could obviously withstand more, just as Thomas Hearns hit a lot harder than say, Wilfredo Gomez.

Pound-for-Pound is a largely imaginary scale and open for interpretation. Size matters. When talking about fighters with tihe ability of Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, it gets taken to an entirely different level. Is there a group of superheavyweights superior to this one? Now consider Holyfield was yielding an easy 20-25 lbs to both Bowe and Lewis (whom he fought five times combined) and was physically ailing in the third Bowe fight; against Foreman, he was outgunned by no less than 50 lbs. Who did Hagler fight possessed equivalent punching ability and outweighed him by remotely similar margins?

Then there's the more equal playing field group such as Tyson who was a huge favorite going into the first fight and others Cooper, Moorer, Mercer.
                very good post, two of my fav fighters The Real Deal and The Marvelous one, but of course the real deal had the better chin he was taking punches from much bigger men. I would love to have seen Evander vs The Brown Bomber

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
                  very good post, two of my fav fighters The Real Deal and The Marvelous one, but of course the real deal had the better chin he was taking punches from much bigger men. I would love to have seen Evander vs The Brown Bomber
                  Mine as well.

Two of the most legitimately hard fighters to lace up gloves. They both went far beyond what's acceptable and would suffice as great regarding in-ring performance, fortitude, heart, chin and will.

Comment

Mine as well.

Two of the most legitimately hard fighters to lace up gloves. They both went far beyond what's acceptable and would suffice as great regarding in-ring performance, fortitude, heart, chin and will.
                    Thanks for the videos guys!!

Comment

I need a cleansing experience right now.

I love this fight. Quarry had a mean left hook/bodyshot, way more than he gets credit for.

Comment

Working...
                      X