No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Reflects Back, Explains Amir Khan Meltdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Reflects Back, Explains Amir Khan Meltdown

Undefeated Timothy Bradley takes part in a Q&A session with HBO, discussing various topics as he prepares for his upcoming fight with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao on June 9th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Bradley, but I want him to tell us how "great it feels fighting Manny" the day after the fight when he is licking his wounds-lol

On the other side of the coin,it may feel good because he will have that much more money....lol

Comment

So...50/50 down the middle for the fight with Amir, including the UK PPV wouldn't have been a career high purse when offered then Timmy?

You're a good boxer and I enjoy following your career but Tim, you got this fight because Manny's out of opponents and Arum doesn't think you can win.

Comment

Good shhit Timmy B...
        Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 05-24-2012, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
          So...50/50 down the middle for the fight with Amir, including the UK PPV wouldn't have been a career high purse when offered then Timmy?

You're a good boxer and I enjoy following your career but Tim, you got this fight because Manny's out of opponents and Arum doesn't think you can win.

He got a better deal with TR,end of story..That Khan deal sounds good,but do you even know what he was offered from TR??Not to mention Khan's deal came with Shaw attached to it...Business is a funny thing,it's also pretty odd that all the details for that deal were out in the open like that..You barely ever see something like that in business,just saying...

Comment

Turning down a nice payday against Con for a mult-million dollar payday against Pacquio...GREAT business move! Not to mention the name recognition he's receiving from the Pacquiao spotlight. People can hate all day but Bradley will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

First of all I can never knock a man for wanting to secure the future of his family but all this nonsense about why he avoided Khan is not necessary.

He rather stay silent on the matter rather than make up a load of rubbish. What happens when he loses to Pacquiao and then he is the one asking Khan for a fight?

Khan offers him the biggest purse in his entire career and he needs to have a discussion with his team?

Comment

Hard to argue those Ponints by Bradley. At the time I wondered why Tim had passed on Khan but Pacman is a much bigger fish with a bigger piggy bank. Even if Bradley were to fight Khan and win with a One Punch KO in the First Round, it would not improve his status much on any P4P lists or future Opponents. But Beating PacMan setups a Mega Showdown with Mayweather for Bradley. I do not expect for the fans of Amir Khan to understand this logic, but i really dont care.

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
                  First of all I can never knock a man for wanting to secure the future of his family but all this nonsense about why he avoided Khan is not necessary.

He rather stay silent on the matter rather than make up a load of rubbish. What happens when he loses to Pacquiao and then he is the one asking Khan for a fight?

Khan offers him the biggest purse in his entire career and he needs to have a discussion with his team?
                  1.I believe if he is ask about the issue then he is going to answer..I believe in this case he was ask,no harm in answering the question(which I believe he did a very good job in doing)...

2.You get offered a deal from somebody and you would not go and get some lawyers to read over your deal??Or find out if there are better deals out there??That's how you get lock in with Puffy and get no royalties on your own music(just giving an example)..Not saying you are brother,but what ya said sounds very stupid..Of course your going to talk it over with your team,two make sure it's a fair deal for 1..Also to make sure it's the best one out there..I think we can see,it was not the best one out there..

To make it seem so cut and dry(50/50 no problem)is a bit crazy..There are a lot of other things at play here...Shaw being the biggest one,TR being another one..If anyone(and there are a lot of um)truly believe business is just cut and dry,I would have to question if they have ever done business in their lives...It's not...

Comment

Top rank presented bradley a great contract with him having the understanding he would be in line for a pac fight. The pac fight didnt just fall in his lap its the whole reason he signed wit top rank. He would have been a fool to take the khan deal and be stuck with shaw.

Comment

Working...
                    X