Tsyzu decision
    14.29%
    Tsyzu KO
    14.29%
    Pryor decision
    0.00%
    Pryor KO
    71.43%

I dont pick Pryor in many fantasy matchups since I think hes a bit overrated, but Pryor was all wrong for Kostya. Too much pressure and punching power, you just cant help but to think back to the Vince Phillips fight. Tyszus awesome timing would be negated by that non stop attack.

Pryor by semi late stoppage.

Comment

Ye i also think Pryor is a terrible style match-up for KT,and wouls top him around the 9th/10th after some shaky moments early on

Comment

Would be a slugfest Pryor throws a lot of punches which plays right in to Kostya's hands and Pryor would eat a lot of counterpunches. It would play out a lot like the Pacquiao Marquez fights.

Comment

It would be interesting --- Pryor's ever-mounting volume versus Tszyu's fantastic timing. I think the old saying that punches in bunches win fights applies to this one. A prime Tszyu just gets out-worked by Pryor, in much the same way a fading one was against Hatton.

Something like this...

R1: 10-10 E
          R2: 10-8 T
          R3: 10-9 P
          R4: 10-9 P
          R5: 10-9 T
          R6: 10-9 T
          R7: 10-9 P
          R8: 10-9 T
          R9: 10-9 P
          R10: 10-9 P
          R11: 10-9 P
          R12: Pryor TKO Tszyu

Cards at time of TKO --- 105-104, Pryor.

A close fight, but Tszyu falls apart late. Grabs an early knockdown though, forcing Pryor to respect his power & precision-punching.

Comment

Too much power and pressure (combined) for Kostya. He gets stopped around round 10.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Would be a slugfest Pryor throws a lot of punches which plays right in to Kostya's hands and Pryor would eat a lot of counterpunches. It would play out a lot like the Pacquiao Marquez fights.
              So you give Tsyzu a good chance of beating Pryor but you give Whitaker no chance? That's interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                It would be interesting --- Pryor's ever-mounting volume versus Tszyu's fantastic timing. I think the old saying that punches in bunches win fights applies to this one. A prime Tszyu just gets out-worked by Pryor, in much the same way a fading one was against Hatton.

Something like this...

R1: 10-10 E
                R2: 10-8 T
                R3: 10-9 P
                R4: 10-9 P
                R5: 10-9 T
                R6: 10-9 T
                R7: 10-9 P
                R8: 10-9 T
                R9: 10-9 P
                R10: 10-9 P
                R11: 10-9 P
                R12: Pryor TKO Tszyu

Cards at time of TKO --- 105-104, Pryor.

A close fight, but Tszyu falls apart late. Grabs an early knockdown though, forcing Pryor to respect his power & precision-punching.
                I can buy into that scenario. Well written.

Comment

This is a more winnable fight for Tszyu than the Oscar fight but im still backing Pryor. He is like Hatton on speed! Much more relentless and inb ur face which Kostya hates. I think KT was past his best against Ricky but Pryor was so much better than Hatton it dont matter, i think Aaron gets him outta there in about 9 or 10 rounds.

With that said its not too hard to imagine Kostya zeroing in a right hand bomb on an incoming Pryor and knocking him out, Tszyu had incrfedible power, timeing and accuracy

Comment

Kostya was and is incredibly strong, he was injured before the Phillips fight which is why he got stopped. I just don't see Pryor stopping him and Pryor's seesaw style wouldn't have as much effect as usually because Kostya knew how to grab and hold. He'd tie up Pryor and his body attack would be very hard even for Pryor to withstand. I voted for Kostya UD coz Pryor took so many hard shots from Arguello, so I reckon he'd take Kostya's too.

One more thing: they always said Kostya was vulnerable to the right hand, but as far as I know Pryor never had a particularly big right hand punch so...it was his flurries/combinations that were his trademark and favorite weapon.
                    Last edited by Pastrano; 04-02-2011, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X