Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Student boxing as a part time job. Good idea? How far can I go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Why are you asking people here who most likely never had a fight and only talk **** online...DO IT!!! if you have the desire and are only 20 get off of your ass find a gym and start your journey..no 1 can tell you how to live your life......unless you are just trolling for attention...do it
    No dude.. I think you mis under stood me. I'm not trying to be the next Floyd .. I'm asking if it's a good idea to be a boxer as a Sunday Night Job.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Do they really pay you $500 a fight?
      Sometimes a little more. I knew a beginning pro, winner of a few golden gloves, who was paid $1000 for a match win or lose.

Getting a couple of hundreds for less than an hour of work doesn't sound bad. But you also have to consider the time spent on labor preparing for the fight: boxing training, s&c conditioning, watching tape religiously, adhering to a strict schedule + diet, etc. Punishment is also apart of the game.

Boxers have to make many sacrifices.

Prizefighting is only glamorous when you're looking at it from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        Sometimes a little more. I knew a beginning pro, winner of a few golden gloves, who was paid $1000 for a match win or lose.

Getting a couple of hundreds for less than an hour of work doesn't sound bad. But you also have to consider the time spent on labor preparing for the fight: boxing training, s&c conditioning, watching tape religiously, adhering to a strict schedule + diet, etc. Punishment is also apart of the game.

Boxers have to make many sacrifices.

Prizefighting is only glamorous when you're looking from the outside.
        You literally have to do none of that dude. Why the hell are you looking to study up on opponents when you are a journeyman? I'm serious. Just go in there and take your punches and get your cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          Ya.. I'm dead serious. They do. 100 bucks to start it, than it goes up to 500 bucks for a solid bum... That's how these journeymen earn their food

Think about it this is BANK. I mean say I just get 100 bucks. Which was the lowest offer I got, I can fight 10 times as a PART TIME STUDENT AND CASH OUT AT 1K. PER WEEK.

I'll just fight like 10 times Sunday.
          ok man i see you are trolling now

Comment

You literally have to do none of that dude. Why the hell are you looking to study up on opponents when you are a journeyman? I'm serious. Just go in there and take your punches and get your cash.
            Would you be fine with continuously getting KTFO?

Unsuccessful pros may look like walkovers when they're getting beat up on televised broadcast, but they have the hands to rock the majority of the population.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              Would you be fine with continuously getting KTFO?

Unsuccessful pros may look like walkovers when they're getting beat up on televised broadcast, but they have the hands to rock the majority of the population.
              Maybe.. I'll record my first fight and post it on the scene. Just to see how I do.

Comment

Thats not a journeyman thats a tomato can,a clown a disgrace to the sport,a bum ass club fighter

Comment

Boxing's discipline and determination transfers over to the classroom. It gives you self-control and helps you analyze things differently from your classmates.

There are no studies behind this, this is something I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Boxing's discipline and determination transfers over to the classroom. It gives you self-control and helps you analyze things differently from your classmates.

There are no studies behind this, this is something I believe.
                    Great post bro. Ya I BELIEVE that too. That's why Imma do it. I'm also gonna cheat. I'm 6'1 and I can rehydrate up to like 180. I believe this will give me a massive edge against the much smaller natural 154 fighters

Comment

did he just say that he is faster & stronger than Martinez? oh man

Comment

Working...
                      X