Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long before a hard training session should i eat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long before a hard training session should i eat?

Ive heard so many different responses. . . I like to have a big bowl of whole wheat pasta with a salad about an hour before, but I don't really know **** about nutrition and boxing.

ALSO, would it make a difference if I will be sparring or partaking in a boxing match? Should I still eat the same amount of calories beforehand? Still about an hour before? Or longer beforehand since I will be getting hit in the body?

THANK YOU in advance for taking your time to help me. . . . I say good day!

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    Ive heard so many different responses. . . I like to have a big bowl of whole wheat pasta with a salad about an hour before, but I don't really know **** about nutrition and boxing.

ALSO, would it make a difference if I will be sparring or partaking in a boxing match? Should I still eat the same amount of calories beforehand? Still about an hour before? Or longer beforehand since I will be getting hit in the body?

THANK YOU in advance for taking your time to help me. . . . I say good day!
    It depends. Something like pasta or salad is fast digesting so something around an hour is probably OK. If it was chicken or something protein heavy you'd want it closer to 2 hours so you don't throw up or get the shits during training.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
      It depends. Something like pasta or salad is fast digesting so something around an hour is probably OK. If it was chicken or something protein heavy you'd want it closer to 2 hours so you don't throw up or get the shits during training.
      Even if it's whole wheat pasta composed of complex carbs? I guess even complex carbs digest faster than protein, though?

Thanks man - I think ima start having a handful of lean lunch meat, or a deck of card sized chicken breast, and reduce the amount of pasta by 1/4 or 1/2 serving. . . Push it back to 1.5 beforehand and see how my body feels.

Comment

after ur workouts def eat decent amount of protein dont wait too long tho try and get it in at least b4 an hour is up...far as b4...man lot depends on the person honestly...hell i used to eat the double whopper and fries b4 track practice in college...never threw it up...not healthy tho however lol..

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
          after ur workouts def eat decent amount of protein dont wait too long tho try and get it in at least b4 an hour is up...far as b4...man lot depends on the person honestly...hell i used to eat the double whopper and fries b4 track practice in college...never threw it up...not healthy tho however lol..
          It's true it does depend on the person, but it also depends on what kind of training you're doing. The typical bodybuilder motto is "steak and eggs, then I do legs." When you're doing jump rope and plyometric training, I wouldn't recommend eating right before a workout. And you have a very small window to eat after a workout. And yes you should eat immediately after a workout. After 30-60min, you've pretty much missed that small window of opportunity for your muscles to absorb the nutrients and to replenish the glycogen used. Again, something fast digesting like a shake or a bar isn't a bad idea if you're lacking the appetite.

Comment

Also don't keep it strictly protein after the workout that's a common misconception. Your meal should be largely carb based as well, don't follow formulas from crap brands like muscle milk.

Comment

Working...
            X