Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any limit on how long you can walk/jog?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any limit on how long you can walk/jog?

This thought hit me the other day and figured i turn to you guys for answer. Right now my entire body aches from trying new exercises so the only thing i can do is some light jogging mixed with walking. I was wondering if theres any limit on how much you can do it a day, I know this might seem like a stupid question but at what point should you stop if you know you can keep going?

The reason why iam asking this is because i have a asthma kind that gets really bad if i do some of the more taking exercises outside(Sprinting / Jogging long distances/uphill) so im trying to take it long and slow instead and now im wondering what the limit is. Once again, sorry for this stupid quesion and may god forgive me for my poorly connected english sentences.

Amen

I tend to stop when i feel like I've got one more mile left in me which, at the moment, is five. And if your body's to sore I'd recomend a day or two of rest.

Comment

Yeah i've been resting for about 2 days now and the soreing is wearing off, tried to do some pushups/weights but still feels very heavy to do them so i'll try to rest another day or so cause i really dont wanna get myself heavily depleted AGAIN.. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Coeco View Post
        This thought hit me the other day and figured i turn to you guys for answer. Right now my entire body aches from trying new exercises so the only thing i can do is some light jogging mixed with walking. I was wondering if theres any limit on how much you can do it a day, I know this might seem like a stupid question but at what point should you stop if you know you can keep going?

The reason why iam asking this is because i have a asthma kind that gets really bad if i do some of the more taking exercises outside(Sprinting / Jogging long distances/uphill) so im trying to take it long and slow instead and now im wondering what the limit is. Once again, sorry for this stupid quesion and may god forgive me for my poorly connected english sentences.

Amen
        I've got two answers for you.... the limit to how long you can walk/jog for in a day is 24hours without stopping, cause I'm not an athlete and I've done that and it included scailing cliffs in the dark and getting bitten by a spider (am i sounding like shawn now?).

But I don't think that's really what you're talking about. If your body aches then rest it because it is recovering. That definately doesn't mean you need to stop training though. Just do what you can do. Shaddow boxing is great cause it can be really slow and you can build up your technique. You could also try swimming or yoga which are low impact. It will all benefit you until your body is better again.

Comment

Uh yeah, im not really going to box because of my asthma and i generally wanna keep in shape by walking/jogging when i cant do my other training

Comment

Anything over 6 miles is unnecessary I think. I prefer short fast runs instead of long slow ones. You dont half ass it in the ring so why half ass your running?

but the asthma thing is a bummer man, good luck.

Comment

Yeah i know, having asthma sucks bigtime, especially if you like sports and such. Im thinking of starting with an slightly easier martial arts thats depending on just stamina, Going to visit a Taekwondo club on friday, see if i like it or not, But thanks for the tips, Ill try to jog a bit more/faster n also try to keep it around 6 miles
              Last edited by Coeco; 07-23-2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X